.280 AI from 30-06 brass

Well I know this is an old thread but lets rekindle the fire so to speak. What is the latest and best brass for the awesomeness that is the 280 AI? I have found that Norma that is fire formed is junk as the primer pockets stretch out on the second or third loading. Nosler Is just as bad at over a dollar each I need more than 2-3 loadings. Hornady is all over the place with neck thickness and even after outside neck turning its Fair at best IMO. I have started using plan ole RP 280 brass and believe it or not I use full house loads in it to fireform and they shoot better than my best Hunting load. I shot a 3", 500 yd group (more than once) with them last week. My best hunting load is 6" at 500! I have 2, 280 AIs one is a Christensen Ridgeline other one is a built 700 From Speedy Gonzales in San Antone. Both shoot a 175 Gr bullet and IMR8133 good but the brass life is killing me. I am seriously considering trying some Lapua 30-06 brass even if it is too short. What say ye vast database of all things 280 Improved???

Well I know this is an old thread but lets rekindle the fire so to speak. What is the latest and best brass for the awesomeness that is the 280 AI? I have found that Norma that is fire formed is junk as the primer pockets stretch out on the second or third loading. Nosler Is just as bad at over a dollar each I need more than 2-3 loadings. Hornady is all over the place with neck thickness and even after outside neck turning its Fair at best IMO. I have started using plan ole RP 280 brass and believe it or not I use full house loads in it to fireform and they shoot better than my best Hunting load. I shot a 3", 500 yd group (more than once) with them last week. My best hunting load is 6" at 500! I have 2, 280 AIs one is a Christensen Ridgeline other one is a built 700 From Speedy Gonzales in San Antone. Both shoot a 175 Gr bullet and IMR8133 good but the brass life is killing me. I am seriously considering trying some Lapua 30-06 brass even if it is too short. What say ye vast database of all things 280 Improved???
If Remington is working good why not buy factory 280 stuff and fire form some?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.