28 Nosler + Berger 195 = Great Elk Medicine By Len Backus

ADMIN

Administrator
This is the story of my elk hunt from just two weeks ago.

It was the prettiest, starriest pre-dawn ride I can remember. Being only a couple days past the new moon, its tiny sliver had set very early the night before and wouldn't rise again until mid morning. The Big Dipper looked huge as it pointed the way to the North Star. The air was still and clear. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, 28 Nosler + Berger 195 = Great Elk Medicine, By Len Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Len, along with the chamber information, can you provide any load and velocity information please. Also bullet performance information (pass through, etc.) would be appreciated.

Len, give us more details on the rifle, barrel length, stock, total weight, velocity, accuracy, was it hard to get it to shoot, extreme spreads, bullet performance, etc.

Just like this except for color I chose GAP camo.

28 Nosler - Ready To Ship

My load is at 3070 fps using Retumbo.

Load worked up easy. I just got off the road for the night on my way to MT for my annual DIY mule deer hunt, Solo this time.

Brought my 6.5 SAUM Mountsin Rifle and the 28 Nosler.

I checked 600 yard zero on each last Saturday for this trip.

2.25 inch group for the 28 Nosler and 1.75 inches for the 6.5 SAUM.

Going to sleep now, back on road at 5 am.

Having fun is hard work! :D

JH-28-Nosler-1-sq.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.