270wsm still alive and kicking ?

Mine is still Alive and Kicking, it's probably in the last half of barrel life on tube #2. It doesn't get shot as much mainly due to it'd configuration being better for where I lived when it was built vs. Where I reside now.

Still like the cartridge, when this ones done I might try and put it on a diet with a little shorter tube.

Seems to be a couple versions of this, I ended up with a donor rifle or two with a wsm bolt face and this would fit a niche for me better than a saum or prc based wildcat. Is there a reamer or version of a 25 wsm that caught your eye? Seems like there are a few different versions floating around.
The 25-300 is what I went with

I'm heading in the other direction with my new Browning XBolt in 270 WSM.....gonna be looking for 3500+ with the 122gr Hammer HHT. Fire forming new Norma brass and barrel break in tomorrow I'm hoping.
100 270 WSM, 100 6.5CM, and 100 .223 Norma brass fire formed today. Also got the new Optika6 zeroed on my #1 25-06. It was a great day at the range. Time to recharge the batteries for the chamber chillers and the fan…

"should be running 2400+ fps" you probably meant to write 3,400"
The 122gr HHT in my 270 WSM came in at 3373fps at the muzzle during load development. When I run those numbers through JBM's calculator, it's close to that number at 500 yards. The load I have now will do everything I need it to do in North America for the distances I'm personally comfortable with:

1707345714839.png

I got a Winchester 70 in 270WSM, where I live can't hunt deer with it. I loaded 90 gr Sierras to shoot prairie dogs. Doesn't get shot much but I do like to take it.