264 win mag reamer?

tribb

Hello what / whose reamer would you use or recommend. I have 7.5 twist barrel and plan to shoot hammer hunters or shock at the heavier weights possibly absolute hammer as well. Any and all help suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help .Tribb

Hello what / whose reamer would you use or recommend. I have 7.5 twist barrel and plan to shoot hammer hunters or shock at the heavier weights possibly absolute hammer as well. Any and all help suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help .Tribb
No ideas?

What does your GS have? If you are having a custom reamer made, @MagnumManiac has provided some excellent sources of reamer manufacturers. In addition, JGS and PT&G. Most of my chamber reamers are Mansons, but I have a sizing reamer from PT&G. Good luck!

FYSA, @Mike D Texas has a .264 WM improved just in case that is a consideration.

Last edited:
whose reamer would you use or recommend.

There are the three major reamer makers currently in use for cutting chambers. JGS, Manson, P,T& G. All three are perfectly capable of producing reamers from SAAMI spec to full custom dimensions. I have used them all over 30+ years of chambering barrels.

Your question though is kind of like which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Deciding on a bullet first then designing a reamer around your thinking can lead to needing more than one reamer if the first doesn't prove out to be satisfactory. I would call Hammer Bullets to discuss your thinking first and hear what they have to say about your choices before getting in line and waiting several months for a guess and by gosh reamer. You may find that there is already a design which will suit your thinking.

I have a couple of basic .264 Win Mag reamers but I have necking and throating reamers for adjusting the chamber when necessary. You might also want to consult a gunsmith before deciding also. You might be surprised at the information available from an experienced gunsmith.

:)

What does your GS have? If you are having a custom reamer made, @MagnumManiac has provided some excellent sources of reamer manufacturers. In addition, JGS and PT&G. Most of my chamber reamers are Mansons, but I have a sizing reamer from PT&G. Good luck!

FYSA, @Mike D Texas has a .264 WM improved just in case that is a consideration.
Thanks Feenix. Tribb

There are the three major reamer makers currently in use for cutting chambers. JGS, Manson, P,T& G. All three are perfectly capable of producing reamers from SAAMI spec to full custom dimensions. I have used them all over 30+ years of chambering barrels.

Deciding on a bullet first then designing a reamer around your thinking can lead to needing more than one reamer if the first doesn't prove out to be satisfactory. I would call Hammer Bullets to discuss your thinking first and hear what they have to say about your choices before getting in line and waiting several months for a guess and by gosh reamer. You may find that there is already a design which will suit your thinking.

I have a couple of basic .264 Win Mag reamers but I have necking and throating reamers for adjusting the chamber when necessary. You might also want to consult a gunsmith before deciding also. You might be surprised at the information available from an experienced gunsmith.

Well said!! Thank you

Yes absolutely thank you .

Recent Posts