223 rem or 6mmbr

284wins

Hi everyone,

Got a problem...

Was looking to have my 308 rebarrel to 6mm br.. got bullet, bras primer for it....

But have been offered à 223 rem in great shape...

The main reason for the rifle is to be able to shoot at low cost and got some practice in f class out to 600yds...

What would you do if your where in my place and could have only one of the 2?

nothing wrong with a properly set up 223 out to 600 yds. with their lower BC bullets and getting pushed around in the wind it will really teach you wind reading. the availability and cost of 223 supplies makes it a good low cost practice round.

nothing wrong with a properly set up 223 out to 600 yds. with their lower BC bullets and getting pushed around in the wind it will really teach you wind reading. the availability and cost of 223 supplies makes it a good low cost practice round.
That what have me looking at the 223, it savage action and pre-fit shillen barrel, coyld find à New bolt head and have it 6mm br ine like 10 minutes!

That what have me looking at the 223, it savage action and pre-fit shillen barrel, coyld find à New bolt head and have it 6mm br ine like 10 minutes!
i have a savage axis we use at hunting camp in the spring and summer with 223 and then put on the 243 barrel for hunting. make sure you use a 7 twist and 26" you will need it for the heavies. it is so much fun with a 223 and don't break the bank you will learn a lot.

There are lots of shooters using the .223 Rem. cartridge for F-Class, some successfully, others, not quite so much. It could wind up being a long road and learning curve to achieve what you desire.

Personally, the 6BR is the best for learning and being able to achieve accuracy from the 600 Yard line. The best components might be a little more expensive initially but the brass quality available will outweigh the initial cost. The bullets available will certainly aid your learning curve from the standpoint of higher BCs and a greater selection of bullets for competition.

Competition loads are mild and have a low recoil factor. I shoot the 6BR (Dasher, BRX) at 600 to 1,000 yards.

The .223 Rem. is fun to shoot but I suggest saving money in the long run and using the 6BR.

Enjoy! (Profitez du processus !)

:)

Last edited:
I have both, shoot the 223 far more than the 6BR, and am not sure why.

The 223 really shines with some velocity and the higher BC bullets. I'm currently running a 24" 7.5 twist Krieger, and the 75 and 80 ELD-M shoot really well out of it.

Recent Posts