2010 Alaska caribou hunt

Long Time Long Ranger

138.jpg

146.jpg

110.jpg

Picture502.jpg

These are a few caribou from this years 2010 hunt. I will get some more on the next post. Best long range friendly guide in Alaska, LTLR. Forum members shot most of the caribou taken this year. As I get there pictures together I will post them if they want. Another very good year.

Last edited:
Here are a few more. I will get others up as I get them from the guys. We had long range bow shots with Jay and Craig who are outstanding shooters from Louisiana. Long range rifle shots from guys all over and a lot of caribou on the ground. What more can you ask for.

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Picture520.jpg

caribou20200920038.jpg

160.jpg

Sorry, I just noticed I got one in there from last year. I just got excited learning how to upload these pictures. Fun to look at anyway.

Last edited:
LTLR-
Seen a bunch of your posts on the forums and also am addicted to Alaska hunting. I already and lined up for an Alaska hunt this year (Brown bears in about two weeks) but next year, we are looking at Dall Sheep and it is time to start planning now. Do you know of any good areas we can fly into into the Brooks Range and can get on a couple of good rams? If so, PM me please and we can go from there.
thanks in advance for any info.

If you are an Alaskan resident I know two guys who fly the Brooks and are good at putting guys on nice rams. Well I know several, two I really like. I flew a good bit with Dave Neal who was the only operator out of Happy Valley for many years. I learned all that country pretty well on the north side of the brooks flying with him. He was killed in a crash a few years back and several guys are in there now since the Mulchatna caribou herd crashed and the guys moved north. There are a couple I would recomend further up in the Brooks.

If you are looking for an outfitter in the brooks they are taking quite a few rams out of there but to far north for B&C contenders. Just a lot of really pretty rams. Several outfitters hunt the brooks range for sheep with very good success. If you are not into record class sheep Art Hirschel out of Delta Junction offers a very fair priced hunt. He has North Country Outfitters. He has been 100% on sheep most years. He also guides in the delta draw unit and takes some B&C class sheep in there. He can tell you how to apply for a tag there.

LTLR, I would like more info on your caribou hunts if possible. My wife and I are interested in a caribou hunt for 2012. You can PM me or email at: [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best of Hunting,
Mark Hampton

Yeah, I really want to do this hunt with you LTLR. I would love to take one with my bow and one with my rifle. It looks like a lot of fun...especially doing it all from backpack. Awesome pics!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.