1x Muzzleloader Scope

JohnnieB

My wife drew a California Muzzleloader tag this year. When we went to sight it in, we discovered my 60 year old eyes cannot focus across the iron sights. So she did all the sighting in and hunting. As for me to hunt with the ML, CA says I can get a physicians exception and use a 1x scope. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I have the same issue, blurry iron sights. Been looking for a new 1X scope cannot find one anywhere. Vortex and Sightron used to make one.

Vortex still shows it on their webpage but it doesn't seem to exist anymore:

looked into other sighting systems:

Aimpoint
has several 1X full size scopes:

Williams makes a special sighting system for muzzleloaders.

https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ecommerce/p/western-precision-muzzleloading-sight-676584
I talked with a representative about it. The rear peep sight comes as a .150" diameter hole. It can be unscrewed and used as a ghost ring or three other sized peeps are available: .125" .093" .050" The front sight is a globe with 10 interchangeable reticles.

As I understand it the correct sized peep hole can help with focus.

Mk1 Micro SeeAll Open Sight
I know little about this.

I have the same issue, blurry iron sights. Been looking for a new 1X scope cannot find one anywhere. Vortex and Sightron used to make one.

Vortex still shows it on their webpage but it doesn't seem to exist anymore:

looked into other sighting systems:

Aimpoint
has several 1X full size scopes:

Williams makes a special sighting system for muzzleloaders.

https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ecommerce/p/western-precision-muzzleloading-sight-676584
I talked with a representative about it. The rear peep sight comes as a .150" diameter hole. It can be unscrewed and used as a ghost ring or three other sized peeps are available: .125" .093" .050" The front sight is a globe with 10 interchangeable reticles.

As I understand it the correct sized peep hole can help with focus.

Mk1 Micro SeeAll Open Sight
I know little about this.
I've got 2 of those see-all sights I'd sell if anyone wants to buy -- 1 is the delta reticle, 1 is the T reticle. PM me if interested--- but check your local hunting regs-- I bought them to use for CO muzzle loader season but then got confirmation through cpw they aren't legal so switched to front globe and adj rear peep

Cohunt,

Are iron sights blurry for you? If so would like to hear about the William's MZ sighting system worked for you.

Pm on the scope

I can still use iron sights but not very well

The adjustable rear peep allows in as much light as you like but the real bonus is you can adjust it to just barely halo the front globe sight. So it's easy to tell if your front sight is perfectly centered with your rear sight-- I have issues with windage/left/right sighting with regular blade sights or just front post .

The williams front globe has the ability to add different inserts to your liking-- post type, cross hair type, etc.

Also the rear peep is rsil mounted so you can slide it fore/aft so you can focus on ot better-- bit ots still a front and rear sight set up. Just extremely adjustable

I am fully supportive of most muzzleloaders laws except when it comes to the use of scopes, older eyes definitely make it tougher to take part in the muzzleloader seasons, a 2.5X limit IMO wouldn't extend range and allow for us older hunters to see clearly without glasses. Iv'e been looking for a 1x Vortex or Sightron since last year to put on my side lock, Iv'e tried nearly everything else without good results.