1st Elk

tmwtrfwler

I just returned from my 1st elk hunt. I went with Wapiti Ridge out of Cody, Wyoming. We hunted for 7 days on the South Fork of the Shoshone River in the Washakie Wilderness. The experience far surpassed my expectations despite the slow hunting. The weather just isn't there yet to push the big herds through their migration. Regardless the guys got the job done and it was a great success.

Thanks to all of you that replied with advice, tips, etc. as I got ready. Thanks to this board for being such an amazing resource to prepare me for this adventure. I'm hooked on elk hunting.....don't know when I'll get back but someday for sure.

Rifle: Nosler M48 Liberty in 280AI
Bullet: Nosler 150gr Accubond LR
Distance: 300 yards
Double lung kill shot and didn't walk two steps.

That's AWESOME!!! Congrats on your first elk...and he's a monster too! Way to go. I was hooked on elk hunting after my 1st elk hunt and I didn't even kill one. I can't imagine how addicted you are. Go again...as soon as you can...every year. Elk hunting is SOOO addictive.

Thanx for sharing your pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.