176 Sheep dead...

yA "CONTROL ACTION" IF THOSE WHERE MY SHEEP I WOULD HAVE NO CONTROL OF MY ACTIONS...

BLOOD THIRSTY KILLERS.....I HOPE SOME LIBERAL IS HAPPY OVER THIS WASTE.

Totally unnessary
ODAVID

Man, this is bad and only going to get worse. Wonder how many they ate? They only kill sick animal for food you know...:rolleyes:

Jeff

Only one was chewed on.

That's just up the road from me.

When things settle me and the goats are headed that way.

Been scouting some local areas. Its just too darn hot even up high.

The idea is to spend enough time and find prospective spots where I can see a major amount of country. Then plink at 'em when they appear at what ever distance.

As soon as it rains on my 1 mile spot I'll be validating drops to that distance and a bit beyond.

Reason for rain is that last year we were shooting a 50 Cal in the same area and bullet impact started a burn. Not the time for that kind of stuff.:rolleyes:

12 "lethally" trapped... 176 dead sheep in one attack... I'm not a math wiz, but it looks like those boys still have a lot of work to do. With that many dead sheep around sending out a massive scent trail, a guy could keep a barrel pretty warm...

Man, this is bad and only going to get worse. Wonder how many they ate? They only kill sick animal for food you know...:rolleyes:

Jeff

....I heard roots, berries, and an occasional mouse. I'm curious the point to just leaving them lay. Seems like a giant bait site giving predators a taste for mutton.

Only one was chewed on.

That's just up the road from me.

When things settle me and the goats are headed that way.

Been scouting some local areas. Its just too darn hot even up high.

The idea is to spend enough time and find prospective spots where I can see a major amount of country. Then plink at 'em when they appear at what ever distance.

As soon as it rains on my 1 mile spot I'll be validating drops to that distance and a bit beyond.

Reason for rain is that last year we were shooting a 50 Cal in the same area and bullet impact started a burn. Not the time for that kind of stuff.:rolleyes:

Good for you, Roy. Nail 'em with that 375 Allen Mag!

....I heard roots, berries, and an occasional mouse. I'm curious the point to just leaving them lay. Seems like a giant bait site giving predators a taste for mutton.

I am not aware of the location of this kill site, but around here livestock is grazed in remote areas that do not allow motorized travel. I am sure that if you offered to back pack out some dead bodies well along their way to melting down, my bet is that, I am sure the sheep owners would welcome your army of 300+ goop packin soldiers! Yuck, the buggers stink before they die!

I was thinking more in terms of sitting there and making sure no more poor predators get hooked on it! No I don't believe the sheep folks need to add insult to injury, if anyone has a responsibility it's the folks putting the tracking collars on critters. Bad behavior begets more bad behavior. Getting black, or grizzly bear hooked on sheep meat isn't going to improve the neighborhood for anybody. There is also at least one pair of adult wolves in the area they know of. If USFWS had to clean up their messes it might alter a point of view or 2. This way only gives them an excuse to cut grazing there next year, and the critters don't know private property from what used to be public. I'm rooting for Roy in this one. I would like to access the tracking info, just to know how many, what kind, and how far the clean up crew is coming from. One report indicates this wasn't a one time deal, its been preceded by other attacks that include horses, and great pyrenees guard dogs killed, for those that didn't think the dogs were trying to earn their keep.

If you'd ever seen one of these guard dogs fight to protect their sheep you would not post such an ignorant thing, it's sad thing to put one down!!!
100 000 000 sheep in Australia how many in the US ?
It seems to me from the story the dogs failed. Maybe the story does not tell all the story . I'd be wanting a few new dogs .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.