15 power binoculars?

TheFishBox

Does anyone in the "know" have any information on wether or not the big three (zeiss, Leica, Swarovski) are going to come out with a new 15 power binoculars? I thought when zeiss came out with the ht line they would follow up with a 15 power but that doesn't seem to be the case. At this point the 15x56 slc seems to still be the reigning champ for this power of binoculars but is a bit outdated at this point in the optics world imo. Would be neat if the nl pure line would have a 15 power option also.

I do not know if anyone is coming out with 15's.

However, I can tell you the 15x56 SLC HD's are far from outdated. Mine are simply amazing. I also have EL's for comparison.

Steve

I have 15x56 Swaro SLC HD and 15x56 Meopta Meostar HD.
To my eyes, I actually prefer the Meopta. The outer 5% of edge is not as clear as the Swaro, but the color seems better to me, and they give me less eye fatigue than the Swaro. I just spent about 30 hours behind them two weeks ago. And usually spend 200+ hours a year behind glass.
Swaro is tough to beat and is the reigning champ of 15s.

I can attest that the Nikon 16x56 were as clear and actually had better color than the Swaro 15x SLC's but the Swaros barely edged them out at dusk. At dusk I mean not really legal to shoot anymore. That said I went with 12x50 EL's and 20x56 nikon's

Well against my better judgment I just bought some 18x56 mavens today. Hopefully they are as good as the reviews say they are. If I thought I would have any luck selling the 15x56 Swarovskis I would buy them also and then pick the ones I like better and sell the others.

Well the mavens had their maiden voyage this weekend and I have to say they are pretty nice. Depth of view leaves something to be desired (spend a lot of time on the focus knob) but they perform very well. 18 power sure is nice for dissecting big country.

I have the Leica 15 power Laser Range finder binoculars. They are useful for glassing but, of course, need to be stabilized. They may be for sale soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts