10 year old son Tyler, gets first Coyote !!

Sendero_Man

Remember Tyler from the 2008 Antelope hunt ??

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/2008-2nd-antelope-tyler-along-34769/

Well, he got his first coyote Friday night spotlighting with the old man....

We headed out about 5:30 and after a 45 minute drive, we arrived at one of our favorite spots for calling and spotlighting. As we drove into the property, Tyler saw a big 'ol jackrabbit and said "there is my lucky rabbit Dad, it is gonna be a good night."

I drove about a mile up the road and turned off to a spot that had produced coyotes in the past and started up the FOXPRO FX5 with the Lightning Jack sound. After about 3 minutes of calling, the coyote showed up. I spotted it about 1/2 mile off with the Lightforce 170 spotlight. It was coming in on a run ! Tyler slid over and got his 223 ready with a 55 Vmax loaded up. I voice barked at the coyote and got her stopped at 167 yards and told Tyler to squeeze one off.

He hit her just below the right eye... DRT ! Needless to say, after the excitement was over and he stopped shaking, we gathered her up and brought her back home so we could get some pics this morning.

His Ruger 223 did a great job ! 167 yards and didn't miss the first one in front of his rifle... I was a proud Dad !! :grin:

Tyler_1st_Coyote_101.JPG

Last edited:
Good for you and your son. :D Great shot too. You can not get any more quality time than that. This is a hunt your son will never forget. Great story too.

Great story! Good shooting! Picture of Tyler's face, priceless! Thanks for sharing. Take it from a dad who knows, years from now, you will both remember and cheriish this moment. BTW, you need to get a picture of that lucky rabbit!

Last edited:
HE's psyched your psyched and i think all of us are psyched for him!
These are memories and character building times, this was a success! Good job tyler, keep it up with your ol ruger and lucky rabbit.

Tyler, WTG!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome.

Last Nov Rhett then 7 got his 1st and as a Dad, I was overwhelmed with being proud of him and excitement. It is a day that I will never forget and I bet the same for you.
THATS JUST AWESOME!

In Christ,

Song Dog

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.