10/22 speed loader

hesse

I am looking for a good speed loader for the Ruger 10/22. I had a Butler Creek hot lips in the past not sure if they still make it . Looking for any recommendations that people have used. Thanks

Maglula makes one for the Ruger factory 10/22 mags (rotary followers) that works really well. Nicely designed.

Tandemkross makes a 10/22 magazine assembly tool that makes reassembling the magazine much easier - enables one to easily dial the amount of desired spring tension and then pop the nut into the locking recess.

Both offerings are well worth their cost in my opinion.

The current Caldwell seems to mimic the motion and action of the now gone butler creek. Id guess it works about the same, occasionally denting rounds and taking a bit of practice to get the rhythm down but effective when mastered. In typical Caldwell fashion it appears to be a esthetically ugly with styling choices not necessary on a magazine loader.... but hey we have rails on our rails on our molle now so it fits.

Maglula makes one for the Ruger factory 10/22 mags (rotary followers) that works really well. Nicely designed.

Tandemkross makes a 10/22 magazine assembly tool that makes reassembling the magazine much easier - enables one to easily dial the amount of desired spring tension and then pop the nut into the locking recess.

Both offerings are well worth their cost in my opinion.
If you had to choose one which one would you go with?

If you had to choose one which one would you go with?

??

I have both, they do different things. One helps load the magazine, the other helps disassemble & reassemble the magazine.

RPRimfire tolerates a lower magazine follower spring tension than the 10/22 because it is a turnbolt rather than a semi, doesn't need the speed.

Dialing the spring pressure down for use in RPRimfire means the mag & feed path are much gentler to the bullet… and side benefit is easier loading of the mag.

But you are just running a 10/22, then the Maglula.