wyoming unit 52, 53 elk hunt

BJP

drew a unit 52,53 elk tag and booked the hunt with john porter of morning creek outfitters for last of October was wondering what weather would be like and how was the horn growth for this year. thanks

From what I have seen and heard, antler growth is good this year. The winter wasn't too cold and the spring was nice. By the end of October you can expect snow to be sticking on the ground and it should be very cool, especially if you are going to be hunting high. I would bring cold weather gear. It has been a little warm lately which has made archery season difficult. Good luck.

I talked to a later Oct hunter of John's last yr. Was very cold and he froze his you know what's off. Could be 60 or it could be -30 for the highs. Pack accordingly. Talk to John about footwear. Also, the tent will be unheated....... Please give us a report on your hunt.
As mentioned the winter was not bad and a decent spring so antler growth should be good. Good luck. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts