Wyoming for Nevada

WildcatB

I'm looking to do some back country deer hunting in Wyoming in a wilderness area. Because of the laws I need a "resident guide" to accompany me. I'll do all the scouting, etc. You just need to come along and be ready for lots of walking when the season opens. According to the law, I can't pay you.

In return, if you want to hunt in Nevada, and draw a tag in an area I'm familiar with, I'll take you to some "hot" spots.

I backpack a number of wilderness areas in the state and have taken some pretty good animals. I live east of Cody. I am not familiar with the laws for nonresidents here. Do you need a registered guide in Wyoming or will guided by a Wyoming resident work. You sound like you have a spot picked out and just need a resident to let you be legal. Let me know which wilderness you have in mind because I probably am familiar with it already and might could help you. Did you draw this year in Wyoming? If you do not have a spot picked I know where you could get shooting at some pretty nice deer. If you know the same in Nevada. Like I said, I backpack hunt and some of the areas are pretty tough and back in there a bit. One spot I backpack is the thorofare country and it is about 40 miles in and out. Not the best for deer though.

How difficult would it be for me to draw a tag in your area. I can do bow or rifle if one tag is much easier to draw than the other. I am very capable with either. Let me know more and I will see if I can help you up here. I taught math years ago also. Applied mathematics/engineering guy here.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.