• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Remington 700 Sendero 25-06, low round count

Tactical Taz

As title says, I am selling my father's Remington 700 Sendero 25-06. He wants to get into long range shooting/hunting with something with better factory ammo options. This rifle has been sitting in his safe since he first acquired it. We thought we would set it up to shoot this year but have decided to go a different direction. I have fired a total of 40 rounds through it. These were the factory Hornady SST. My local smith threaded the end 5/8-24 two months ago. I shot 20 rounds with a suppressor and 20 without. Below are the groupings at 100 yards. Note that I am not the best shot and the group size may be my handy work and not the rifles. To our knowledge there is nothing wrong with the rifle, he just needs the funds and safe space. Running the Serial # shows the rifle is not affected by the trigger recall. I have a nightforce 1-piece mounted can sell with or without rail. We would like to get this moved quickly.

Asking $875 shipped without rail CONUS to your FFL. Prefer PayPal F&F or USPS money order. I also have a set of unused Hornady Custom Grade dies, modified case, and 100 Hornady varmint 75 gr HP I can add for $40.
Action.jpg
Barrel.jpg
Rifle_side.jpg
Rifle_other_side.jpg
IMG_20170711_093447396_resize.jpg
group_2.jpg

Last edited:
What does the rifle shoot like at 100 yards 2) I have a 6.5 creedmoor I may be interested in doing some trading on but would need cash add thanks

The groups shown are at 100 yards. I would say they are about 2" groups. The string shown "w/ can" are when the barrel would be the hottest and I when I would be getting tired of shooting it. Keep in mind this was all shot in a single day with only 1 brand of ammo. I will respond to the other offer in a PM.

The problem is that gun should shot much tighter groups than what is seen and with a 2" group at 100 yards nobody is going to give you nowhere near $1,000 for it because it should be shooting sub moa not double.

Okay thank you for the heads up. I too sold a rem 700 on here that grouped about the same with factory ammo so that is all I had to compare to . My apologies for offending you with this post, I am newer to this and don't have a ton of experience selling factory rifles and dont know anything outside of REM 700. What do you think is reasonable to buy this for?

All Remington factory rifles have long throats. If you reload 115's and seat them out close to the lands the accuracy will improve. All factory ammo is in SAAMI specs so that's most likely your problem. My guess is that gun would shoot very good IF it's used by a reloader. I know I had my share of R-700 factory rifles. Including a 7 mag Sendero that would only shoot 162 Hornady's seated out but very well.

All Remington factory rifles have long throats. If you reload 115's and seat them out close to the lands the accuracy will improve. All factory ammo is in SAAMI specs so that's most likely your problem. My guess is that gun would shoot very good IF it's used by a reloader. I know I had my share of R-700 factory rifles. Including a 7 mag Sendero that would only shoot 162 Hornady's seated out but very well.

Thank you for your feedback. I am not here to try and screw anyone over. I know what the gun is new, given its age and how little we have shot it i took a stab at pricing. Anyone can make an offer that they think is reasonable.

The problem is that gun should shot much tighter groups than what is seen and with a 2" group at 100 yards nobody is going to give you nowhere near $1,000 for it because it should be shooting sub moa not double.

I wouldn't pay any attention to this, I'm sure all his rifles are sub moa "shoters"

Taz,
I don 't think you have this rifle over priced. Don't worry about the groups, they're factory ammo. Enuf said about that.
I had a .25-06 Sendero and they will shoot better than this. With 115gn Berger hand loads the rifle is capable of sub MOA out to 700yds. I shot 3" groups at this distance with mine regularly. The 115gn Berger is about the only LR bullet for this caliber but it's a good bullet. How far is your Dad looking to shoot? This would be an excellent learning platform. Check out Black Hills ammo, I think they make something for the .25-06 with the 115gn Berger. Not sure though.
I killed a lot of NC whitetails with mine and the 115's, up until I got a 6.5-284. Then I didn't shoot her much and traded it for a S&W 500 (which I've already traded out).
Anyway, that's my $ .02 worth. Hope everything works out for you. JohnnyK.

Taz,
I don 't think you have this rifle over priced. Don't worry about the groups, they're factory ammo. Enuf said about that.
I had a .25-06 Sendero and they will shoot better than this. With 115gn Berger hand loads the rifle is capable of sub MOA out to 700yds. I shot 3" groups at this distance with mine regularly. The 115gn Berger is about the only LR bullet for this caliber but it's a good bullet. How far is your Dad looking to shoot? This would be an excellent learning platform. Check out Black Hills ammo, I think they make something for the .25-06 with the 115gn Berger. Not sure though.
I killed a lot of NC whitetails with mine and the 115's, up until I got a 6.5-284. Then I didn't shoot her much and traded it for a S&W 500 (which I've already traded out).
Anyway, that's my $ .02 worth. Hope everything works out for you. JohnnyK.

Thanks for the input. He will probably hunt with whatever we go with out to about 7-800 and shoot steel at our range to 1200. I just wish there were better quarter bore projectiles available. I had planned on reloading for this. Do you think the 115 will stabilize on a 1:10 twist? Something like a 6.5 creedmoor would probably also be about comparable in hunting at that distance from what I have gathered. We mostly hunt elk and have both killed our fair share of elk with a 25-06. Thanks for the reply. Kyle