• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Marlin XL7 Replacement Stock

sneedb82

I have a new Marlin XL7 that I would like to find a replacement stock for.

It comes with the cheap synthetic that is already pillar bedded, but it's too light to handle the recoil for me.

Instead of selling it and taking a loss and buying a Savage (which is what I truly want), I'd like to add a good stock to it and make it super sharp. I believe it will shoot as accurately as the Savage, just with a better stock.

Anyone ideas or where to go to get one would be appreciated. I put this request here just in case someone has a stock that will fit it.

Thanks,
Brandon

what cal is the rifle? Have you thought about moding the stock or even ad a beter recoil pad. The stock on that rifle is prety lite but alot of time there are several tricks you can do for it. As far as a new stock good luck there that is a relaticly new gun and there is not alot of after market stocks out there for it
Matt

what cal is the rifle? Have you thought about moding the stock or even ad a beter recoil pad. The stock on that rifle is prety lite but alot of time there are several tricks you can do for it. As far as a new stock good luck there that is a relaticly new gun and there is not alot of after market stocks out there for it
Matt

It's a .270WIN. I have heard about the tricks out there... I've added a bullet wrap along with a tripod for varminting (and when I'm not out varminting the weight ratio seems to be alright as well). I think I've going to be alright without another stock, but I just wanted something a little bit easier to manipulate in terms of recoil control. Thanks for the recoil pad idea. i'll try that and see as well.

well as far as the stock modifications go the sk is the limit. you can cut . reform fill and do all sorts of things to that stock. infact there is an artical on here in the last weak that showed what i am talking about. you can add weight to the but of the stock if you need to or the the muzzle end you are not limited to add ons ( bullet holders and such) with some few basic materilas you can do alot to your stock your self. Shoot me a pm if you want and i will discuss it more
Matt

i know this thread is old but boyd's makes a few different models of stocks for the xl7 and xs7