• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB a Fireformed .338 Allen Express dummy...

LightVarmint,

Would you be willing to tell us when you designed your 338 Improved????

Sounds like your implying that I copied your design. Are you just looking to start a fight like usual or are you just that oblivious to your comments?

All of my Allen Magnums and Allen Xpress chamberings have the very same shoulder angle and body taper. The original design was drawn up around 2000. I did not have any idea who you were at that time or if you had any wildcat designs.

There are dozens of Improved versions of the 338 Lapua out there. Because another one comes out in no way means that the new design was copied off anything else.

Anyway, your comments seems to be on the same track you always seem to take. How would like me saying that your beloved aluminum tipped bullets came out right after another maker started making and testing aluminum tipped bullets. Bet that would get your panties in a bunch......

Your lack of respect would normally suprise most but its becoming pretty common around here.

LightVarmint,

Would you be willing to tell us when you designed your 338 Improved????

Sounds like your implying that I copied your design. Are you just looking to start a fight like usual or are you just that oblivious to your comments?

All of my Allen Magnums and Allen Xpress chamberings have the very same shoulder angle and body taper. The original design was drawn up around 2000. I did not have any idea who you were at that time or if you had any wildcat designs.

There are dozens of Improved versions of the 338 Lapua out there. Because another one comes out in no way means that the new design was copied off anything else.

Anyway, your comments seems to be on the same track you always seem to take. How would like me saying that your beloved aluminum tipped bullets came out right after another maker started making and testing aluminum tipped bullets. Bet that would get your panties in a bunch......

Your lack of respect would normally suprise most but its becoming pretty common around here.

Kirby,

You must have your jock strap up around your ears..... Loosen up a little because you are going to cut the circulation off and loose that thing....... I am just trying to help one of your potential customers that did not get information back from you when he requested it. I realized you were probably out of town and I agreed to send him some cases to use as dummy rounds......

The first Lapua reamers I had were made based on the original no headstamp casings prior to Lapua coming out with the 338 Lapua in the USA. Manson made the reamers so the smith could chamber the rilfe.

I remember Ken Rhyne showing some of the no headstamp cases to me in the spring of 1992-1993 at Bucaneer Gun club in Wilmington NC and I believe that David Tooley was working on a design around that time as well. I also remember trading some of them to Bill Shehane in 94-95 for a Nightforce scope at a 1000 yard match in Virginia........ At that same match, I sold some to a sniper instructor from the US State Department and then several years later he turned one of the procument officers from the Air Force on to them and I sold some to them for testing and evaluation. Again, all these were the no headstamp casisngs......

The follow on reamers were 98-99 by Pacific tool and again based on the original cases without the Lapua headstamp.

I know you did not directly copy mine and it really does not matter because as you said there are many different designs out there. FWIW, I have given the print to everyone who requested it. I even sent it to Australia for those guys. I just said that the ones we had were first and they were.

The latest version was done before Pacific tool used computer readouts to print the reamers.... Specifically, there are several hand written numbers in the "boxes" that we had to fill out and fax back to Pacific tool for review and verification.... I am sure you have seen those.

With regard to the aluminum tipped bullets, I don't know when RG Henson drew up the plans. I did not design them but it is a super idea. I do know that he had to use a die on the Gen I .338s and .30s that were not designed for the Aluminum tips...... Who knows, maybe he preceeded the Wildcat design but I do not know.

However, since Wildcat bullets failed to deliver them as promised (for whatever reason), it would be hard to claim that someone used one of theirs as an example. I have never seen one of the infamous Wildcat Aluminum tipped bullets. As far as I am concerned they are like the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Boogey Man as they just don't exist.

LV

If it was only these comments alone, they would certainly seem innocent enough, that is for sure but after reading dozens and dozens of your posts that attach others and things others are doing because you have a better mouse trap, its hard to see any innocents in anything you say any more.

It seems everything you type, or most of it anyway, has an agenda and the longer your posting on LRH, your reputation preceeds every post you make. I take nothing you have say, are saying or will say at face value because that is not how you operate. Again, this is not a hunch, its been proven time and time again and when I see it directed toward me I will not set back and let you do it unchallanged.

The post was asking for a formed 338 Allen Xpress case, not a 338 Lapua Improved 35 degree shoulder case. Why would you respond at all.

While many of those that have not delt with you or been attached by you may never see anything in your responses, anyone that has delt with you knows exactly what your doing, no matter how innocent you try to come off or would like to be thought of. You have motives for everything you post. Sorry, just what we have learned from your own posts and arguments you have made many, many times over.

If I seem edgy, why would I wait any longer for the backhanded attach that is sure to come. Always does. Next comment would be how your 338 Improved 35 degree shoulder with a 265 gr HAT will destroy the 338 AX with a 300 gr SMK ballistically...... Come on, you know it was just a matter of time before you had to pull that card. Even though your so blind you can not believe that the HAT bullet will also work in the 338 AX which WILL match or even slightly exceed your design, simply because, the AX is not a copy of your design......

If it were, your round could be fired in my chamber and my AX could be fired in your rifles. While yours would certainly fit in my AX chamber, I would not recommend firing it because of headspace issues. The AX would not even chamber in your rifles, could not be forced to either......

Mindcrime,

I apologize for your request slipping by me. Was a busy time of year and it slipped by and I sincerely apologize for that.

To be honest, the only reason I posted here was because I was tipped off to LVs attempt to claim that I copied his chamber design.....

Get me your address again and I assure you I will get you a formed case headed your way ASAP.

Again, I apologize!

Kirby,

I have never seen one of the infamous Wildcat Aluminum tipped bullets. As far as I am concerned they are like the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Boogey Man as they just don't exist.

LV

LV,

Maybe you haven't seen the Aluminum Wildcats or Santa because you haven't been a good boy...

santa.jpg

Paul​

Last edited:
Paul,

That is priceless!! Some of my drink just shot out my nose:D

No disrespect meant to anyone.

Mindcrime,

I apologize for your request slipping by me. Was a busy time of year and it slipped by and I sincerely apologize for that.

To be honest, the only reason I posted here was because I was tipped off to LVs attempt to claim that I copied his chamber design.....

Get me your address again and I assure you I will get you a formed case headed your way ASAP.

Again, I apologize!

It's ALL, OK, Kirby. It's like I noted in a previous post in this thread, I just figured that you were caught up in hunting season, and busy with all of your 'smithing, and forgot. Last time that I checked, I can't "Walk on Water" either, and do forget things all the time. No biggie.

I will be interested to see if I can visually see any difference in the AX verses the other design. *****Either way, as long as you want the job, I would like YOU to smith my big CZ550 Safari Mag.***** I know that it is a Mauser style action and truing the action will be different and she also might need just a tad bit of feeding attention, but I honestly doubt if it will be much if any.

We'll see here really soon, as I have already PayPal'd LV, and I'll gladly pay for a .338 AX dummy (remember seated to 3.800" OAL please) as well.

I had no intention of starting any drama here, I just wanted to see how she would feed without mods. Peace. ;^)

Last edited:
There is no need to pay me anything for a single case, that is just silly to ask for payment for a dummy round......

Anyway, will get one on the way to you.

There is no need to pay me anything for a single case, that is just silly to ask for payment for a dummy round......

Anyway, will get one on the way to you.

That's very considerate of you Kirby, and I most certainly appreciate it!!!

After shooting my quick twist 6mm Ackley that Darrell Holland built for me and consistently hitting a 12" square at 900 yards (it's so consistent that it is almost boring, LOL), I am definitely wanting a BIGGER RIFLE to really reach out there. My Uncle has a farm where I can easily shoot 1500 yards, so I am definitely in the market to get this project going!!!

I know that I've been talking about it with you for some time now, but I've got to get this project going!!! I can only PRAY that OBAMA and his cronies don't ruin my hobby!!!

Obamas first attach on firearms will come in the assult weapon ban renewal, remember the one that ol willy dimposed on us. This time however, I suspect they will make it permanent!!! This will get rid of all the assult rifles, AR-15, all the foreign rifles, AK, SKS, all of them. This will also set us back to the standard 10 round max magazine limit for handguns.

After this, I suspect they will attach the semi-auto firearms. Starting out with the handguns, because there is just no need to have 9mm with a 19 round capacity..... Unfortunately, if they get it passed, it will whip out all semi-autos, shotguns, 22 LR, semi auto hunting rifles such as the Browning BAR.

About this same time, there will be an attach on the big, scary 50 BMG. This may actually come before the semi-auto ban from what I am hearing. Why, because they are scary and most feel there is no real sporting need for them.

I suspect that they will have an extremely hard time banning bolt action rifles. They may go after magazine limits or require fixed mag boxes but to ban bolt action rifles will be nearly impossible for them to do as long as we have a strong hunting group of the population.

I believe most long range hunting rifles will be safe for now but we will get hammered on other fronts. If you think its OK to let the 50 BMGs get banned without helping the fight to save them, even if you do not have one, be aware that this is only the start. Do not get in the fight when its already half way into the war, get involved NOW!!!

Obamas first attach on firearms will come in the assult weapon ban renewal, remember the one that ol willy dimposed on us. This time however, I suspect they will make it permanent!!! This will get rid of all the assult rifles, AR-15, all the foreign rifles, AK, SKS, all of them. This will also set us back to the standard 10 round max magazine limit for handguns.

After this, I suspect they will attach the semi-auto firearms. Starting out with the handguns, because there is just no need to have 9mm with a 19 round capacity..... Unfortunately, if they get it passed, it will whip out all semi-autos, shotguns, 22 LR, semi auto hunting rifles such as the Browning BAR.

About this same time, there will be an attach on the big, scary 50 BMG. This may actually come before the semi-auto ban from what I am hearing. Why, because they are scary and most feel there is no real sporting need for them.

I suspect that they will have an extremely hard time banning bolt action rifles. They may go after magazine limits or require fixed mag boxes but to ban bolt action rifles will be nearly impossible for them to do as long as we have a strong hunting group of the population.

I believe most long range hunting rifles will be safe for now but we will get hammered on other fronts. If you think its OK to let the 50 BMGs get banned without helping the fight to save them, even if you do not have one, be aware that this is only the start. Do not get in the fight when its already half way into the war, get involved NOW!!!

Exactly...get involved and start writing and making solid arguments now!

well awhile back I read the brady bunches adgenda, if they get they're way they will ban everything except the 25/20, 32/20, and the 44/40 and only loaded to black powder pressures.
they want to ban the following

all handguns (too easily concealed)
all shotguns (too easy to make a fatal hit at close range)
22 long rifle (diameter is small enough to slip between the seams of body armour)
the 30/30 winchester ( twices since it was introduced back in 1892 its been used in a crime and a policeman lost his life while wearing body armour)
anything military (too easy to get rounds loaded with metal jacket bullets)
sniper rifles (any rifle with a telescopic sight that allows you to hit your target beyond 100 yards, 100 yards is too far for hunting)
50 BMG ( they can be used to shoot down airplanes)
so whats left?
RR