Writer needed - Article topic of your choice.

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
If you have an article topic that you are interested in writing about let us know what it is. We're most likely interested in publishing it.

If you already wrote something and are interested in having it published, send it over. We'll take a look.

If you have an article topic that you are interested in writing about let us know what it is. We're most likely interested in publishing it.

If you already wrote something and are interested in having it published, send it over. We'll take a look.
I would like to write a article on the perfect hunting partner

Sure sea2summit. I'd be interested in your hunting humor writing. Email me and I'll reply with our guidelines.

Jeff (Nuclear Worker)

We just published it. What a great story of love and hunting combined.

Many envious guys out there....

Thank you so much. Sorry for our tardiness.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/the-perfect-hunting-partner.1228/

hunting-story_html_4292c1c0-500-jpg.123527

Andy/Len - I'm a 66 yo semi-disabled Old Phat Phart with a gift for gab, lots of technical writing and commercial adult training (including course development) experience, 50+ years of deer (primarily) and small game rifle, shotgun, and handgun hunting, 35+ years of reloading (including a couple of wildcats I developed), 30+ years of competitive shooting (IHMSA centerfire and rimfire, NRA Light Rifle, NRA long range rifle silhouette, IPSC/USPSA, Steel Challenge, Bullseye), and former TX CHL instructor.

Due to an auto accident in 2013 which my family was told i would not survive or recover from, I'm blind in one eye, only have one functional hand, and have to walk with a can due to a drop foot. But I'm still here. Alive. Kicking. Deer hunting. Reloading. Shooting. Telling folks to not fall asleep at the wheel and trying to hug tractor trailer rigs at 70mph. And pretty much anything I used to do, albeit at a much slower pace and sometimes modified manner.

I've been seriously considering trying some publishing, but haven't really had the means or contacts to get started. My thoughts on topics has primarily centered around trying to help others encountering limiting capabilities to stay active and continue enjoying the shooting sports in general. Just because we get older, frailer, or injured/disabled i some way, doesn't mean we have to give that up! I've become a MacGiver on a few things, mainly I needed a different way to do something so I could still do it. Like experimenting with several different types of tripod rests for hunting situations and some do-it-yourself modifications I've tried to improve them, different ways to handle and shoot long arms, modifications you can do to still effectively operate and use firearms for personal and home defense or just some plain old fun, coming up with effective hearing protection when you have to use hearing aids, improvising or improving bench rests for more accurate shooting when somewhat limited physically, etc. All with the emphasis on DIY whenever possible coupled with product evaluations and testing for "our" use. Being on a very limited Social Security income myself, I cant afford to buy something that may not work for my conditions or needs, nor do I want to spend more than I have to do to accomplish something. Hence DIY modifications to existing items as opposed to outright manufacturing that most normal folks could never do.

So, does any of this tweak some interest, or do I just sound like some kind of nut? Maybe I'm talking too limited a target audience to have any serious appeal. Dunno. You might. Plus if this could ever be parlayed into a little extra income so I could do even more hunting and shooting, I wouldn't be disappointed. Probably a Fat Chance of that tho. LOL

This has gotten far too long-winded, so I'll call it quits and wait to see if you have any interest.

Andy...please send me an email so I can send you an article I wrote a few years back. As a published author, I believe you will like this article.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.