Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll have to pay double price for it at the next convenience store or truck stop.

We've grown fat, lazy, and terribly spoiled over the last 30 years.

When I was a kid and we took off on a cross country trip we never counted on being able to find antifreeze and oil (at least the brands we used) up and down the interstates and highways so extra was always included in our packing list.

Today people rarely prepare ahead for emergencies because they are so used to being to get whatever they need whenever they need it.

A couple of really hard, cold, wet winters will change that thinking.

I'm pretty sad, too! 🙄
There was an attempt last week to do some exterior work, Mother Nature had different plans. So now it's Sunday and I'm gettin up to make coffee and head to work. My apprentice and I will work today and tomorrow.
It's a 2.5 hr drive, we will stay in a motel🤔

I'm sad that I can't go to fast food joint without seeing a "Help Wanted" sign, or any other business.

If half those twenty year olds went and got jobs
You only be half as sad….. or maybe you'd be half more again more sadder. Those twenty something year old kids will be assisting you !

I bet I go through twenty applicants to find one ☝️ just one ☝️laborer. As far as fixing anything for the future generations….lmao

I'll never forget a lesson my dad helped teach me when I was 19 or so. I called and asked for some $, he sent it and I paid him back.
I asked again a week later, he asked why I needed money and I told him i wasn't making enough.
He told me to get two jobs and my problems would get better twice as fast. Ya know what, he was right.
Gonna pause and have some coffee before I rant my head off 🤡
You Are right. And our generation let all this happen. That's why I am sad

You Are right. And our generation let all this happen. That's why I am sad
I don't agree with this. I don't know anyone 55 or older that were the beneficiaries of all the government handouts that racked up trillions in debt. I also know lots of people that age and way older that are working full time, even though they have the money to retire, because they are worried the current rampant inflation will chew through their nest eggs too quick. I do know a lot of 20-25 year olds who aren't working because they can qualify for Unemployment insurance and supplemental payments and have been for the last 2 years. Why work when they and their wife can collect $4,500 sitting on the couch. there is a reason Fentanyl deaths are way through the roof. You don't find many 55 year old drug addicts.

We are also not the ones that elected the spend and tax Liberals in Canada or Democrats in the States. The 20-40 year olds made this mess, and they and their kids will be paying for it for a long time. Maybe they will learn from this but I doubt it.

Just had "the experience" at Brownells. They have 4350 and Retumbo in stock, 1 lb containers, limit 2. $48.99 apiece plus tax, ship, hazmat and I'm over $60 a pound for 4 lb of powder. Pass.
Two on line reloading supply places I deal with will hold powder/primer orders until there is enough weight to justify the order

🤣 Man that's a hoot.

You have to to be at least 70 to have voted for Johnson, who kicked started all this with the Great Society. No one who is 40 years old day was alive when that particular speech happened and kick started the legacy of government giving handouts. Remember when Bill Clinton "balanced the budget" by selling Social Security to the Fed? You have to be at least 42 to have voted for that guy. And pretty sure all the septuagenarian and octogenarian Congress critters are the ones passing this recent garbage. The only dip**** 20-something elected by the youngin's is the communist from NYC, who really isn't any more effective than the 80 year old communist elected by all the old white people in New Hampshire is. Common thread there isn't age.

No sir, some of us 20-40 year olds, we're just the ones working to pay for your Social Security with no hope of ever getting it, all because a bunch of liberals back in the day decided to spend it all twice before we were born or voting - they're paying themselves more today than they ever put in, which might have worked out if they'd let it grow instead of spending it all as fast as it went in and racking up a few trillion in T-Bills. If some young people have figured out the grift game and are getting paid to do nothing, to me it sounds like they're just ahead of the curve getting to where a lot of people have been since the 60s. Ain't no more worthless than the leeches that have existed in every generation. I'm not a leech and I'll kick anyone who is. Probably the same as the you thought you were doing to the leeches of your generation while Johnson was putting them on the dole just like Uncle Joe is today.

Dang, it's so old you have to watch the start of the train wreck in black and white!

NEWSFLASH: Each generation thinks they invented sex, that their elders are infirm, and that their kids are stupid. 🤯

Maybe let's all try finding people in each generation with common values so the train doesn't go all the way off the rails. You worked hard, I'll keep trying to. We can kick leeches together 🤣

Season 1 Netflix GIF

Kickin' Hippies 👍

Last edited:
Yep, General Dynamics. They make mainly military powders but some for civilian use as well I think. They make only spherical ball powders.
I thought General Dynamics was a American AeroSpace and defense corporation and was bought out by Lockheed Martin and they make military and some civilian parts for aircraft's suck as jets, helicopters, all types of Combat vehicles. I think they do subs now as well. I never seen powder at their plant.

I saw a couple of 8lb W748 at the BassPro in Grapevine, TX. They had H4350, too, and I had a jug in my cart for awhile until I did a bit of research on my phone. I just didn't need it. I think they were charging about $240 for these. I put the 4350 back and some guy picked it up immediately and said, "Thanks." I later bought a 1lb canister of Varget for $50 at Alpine Shooting range in Ft. Worth. They had two canisters of Retumbo, if anyone in the area is looking. That was at 4:00 PM on 1/30.

I thought General Dynamics was a American AeroSpace and defense corporation and was bought out by Lockheed Martin and they make military and some civilian parts for aircraft's suck as jets, helicopters, all types of Combat vehicles. I think they do subs now as well. I never seen powder at their plant.
The correct answer here is, "All of the above".

🤣 Man that's a hoot.

You have to to be at least 70 to have voted for Johnson, who kicked started all this with the Great Society. No one who is 40 years old day was alive when that particular speech happened and kick started the legacy of government giving handouts. Remember when Bill Clinton "balanced the budget" by selling Social Security to the Fed? You have to be at least 42 to have voted for that guy. And pretty sure all the septuagenarian and octogenarian Congress critters are the ones passing this recent garbage. The only dip**** 20-something elected by the youngin's is the communist from NYC, who really isn't any more effective than the 80 year old communist elected by all the old white people in New Hampshire is. Common thread there isn't age.

No sir, some of us 20-40 year olds, we're just the ones working to pay for your Social Security with no hope of ever getting it, all because a bunch of liberals back in the day decided to spend it all twice before we were born or voting - they're paying themselves more today than they ever put in, which might have worked out if they'd let it grow instead of spending it all as fast as it went in and racking up a few trillion in T-Bills. If some young people have figured out the grift game and are getting paid to do nothing, to me it sounds like they're just ahead of the curve getting to where a lot of people have been since the 60s. Ain't no more worthless than the leeches that have existed in every generation. I'm not a leech and I'll kick anyone who is. Probably the same as the you thought you were doing to the leeches of your generation while Johnson was putting them on the dole just like Uncle Joe is today.

Dang, it's so old you have to watch the start of the train wreck in black and white!

NEWSFLASH: Each generation thinks they invented sex, that their elders are infirm, and that their kids are stupid. 🤯

Maybe let's all try finding people in each generation with common values so the train doesn't go all the way off the rails. You worked hard, I'll keep trying to. We can kick leeches together 🤣

Season 1 Netflix GIF

Kickin' Hippies 👍

Actually it began with Roosevelt. Truman tried to kick it into overdrive but thankfully it fizzled.

Then along came Johnson who stated plainly he was going to use social programs to create a perpetual dependency class that would be owned by Democrats.

Reagan tried to right the ship but the dependency lobby was just too entrenched and only so much could be done during his two terms. Bush Sr allowed things to start rolling backwards with his "Kinder and Gentler" approach and then comes Clinton.

It exploded under Obama and now Biden has gone completely nuts with it.

I hope for the sake of future generations that there is a way out but I am not hopeful.

Actually it began with Roosevelt. Truman tried to kick it into overdrive but thankfully it fizzled.

Then along came Johnson who stated plainly he was going to use social programs to create a perpetual dependency class that would be owned by Democrats.

Reagan tried to right the ship but the dependency lobby was just too entrenched and only so much could be done during his two terms. Bush Sr allowed things to start rolling backwards with his "Kinder and Gentler" approach and then comes Clinton.

It exploded under Obama and now Biden has gone completely nuts with it.

I hope for the sake of future generations that there is a way out but I am not hopeful.
Republicans need to take the house back from the Democrats. I don't want to ruin everyones escape from reality on here because even myself I like this site to get away. Even if it's just for a little bit. I have to say though, every time a Democrat is President the world just goes to, we'll you know. I do believe we need to put Americans first. My kids live here. I raised my kids to help others but take care of yourself first. America has enough its own problems. I'm tired of my tax dollars being used to help illegals and my fellow Americans kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.