Wolves Doing what they DO!!!

This is a 3 S case. Shoot,shovel & shutup.

A very good rule. There is reason for why wolves were wiped out. They have always caused more bad than good. The only good wolf is a dead wolf.

A local idiot a few miles from here breeds a lot of wolf/dogs and the many ones that have gotten lose have made all kinds of trouble and have been shot. Six of them have been killed in the woods where I hunt.

The nitwit breeder's small granddaughter was recently seriously mauled by one or more of the big animals at the owner's home.

One cold night just after midnight when I arrived home and was half way to my home door, I caught sight of two of the mentioned animals standing about three or four yards behind me. They had sneaked up behind me and I must have caught movement and turned around and looked at them. They didn't attack, probably since I had eye contact. I'm not saying they would have attacked, but appeared to be very hungry, given their skinny appearance.

Yes, the hair was up on the back of my neck! I wasn't packing my pistol and waited until they departed after the few minutes of staring at each other. Perhaps they just wanted a handout, but who knows.

The rest of our yard is fenced off with 4' chain link fencing. Perhaps they smelled our three small dogs that were in the house. Strange animals that big and that hungry would certainly kill a small dog and eat it.

Jackson Moose Decline

Moose in Jackson Hole, Wyoming are in serious trouble. Before wolves were introduced into Yellowstone, there were 3,000 to 5,000 moose in Jackson. Today, less than 20 years after the experimental wolf introduction, there are less than 500 moose left. This is a true American conservation nightmare.

As one of the most important and iconic Shiras Moose populations in world, protecting and restoring moose in Jackson is critical to their survival. In the early 1900's, when moose became extinct in most areas across the American West, it was the Shiras Moose from Jackson that were used to restore extinct populations. Considering the importance of Jackson's moose to saving the species in America, it is unacceptable what 20 years of wolf mismanagement has done to this vitally important moose population.

Why is this happening? Though wolf recovery objectives in Wyoming were reached 12 years ago, lawsuits by anti-sportsmen activists and animal rights groups have prevented Wyoming from having the legal authority to manage its wolves.

Five years ago, Congress acted to restore wolf management authority in Idaho and Montana. Wyoming was left off the list. At that time, there were still 1,000 moose left in Jackson. Since then, OVER 50% of moose in Jackson have disappeared. The Jackson moose viewing festival was cancelled several years ago. The Jackson moose hunt, which annually supported 500 permits, is now down to approximately 10 permits. This has not stopped the decline.

One scientific study shows just how dire the situation has become for moose populations in Jackson:

This population is 88% below its postseason management objective. Native moose populations naturally expanded and colonized the Jackson area in the late 19th century. The species' arrival was followed by a classic exponential population increase, peaking at approximately 3,000-5,000 animals (depending on modeling techniques). For many years, the Jackson Herd served as a source for moose transplants in multiple states and supported nearly 500 hunting licenses. However, the population underwent a dramatic population crash beginning in the early 1990s. Despite drastic reductions in hunting licenses, the population has failed to recover and continues to decline." (Houston 1968, Berger 2004, Becker 2008, Vartanian 2011)

Now is the time to protect and restore moose in America. Without responsible and timely predator management there will not be enough young moose to restore these populations to their former greatness.

Please watch for future emails and action alerts from BigGame Forever in the coming weeks. The time is approaching when we will ask for sportsmen to unite in an effort to recover America's moose populations that have been so dramatically impacted by unmanaged and undermanaged wolves, grizzly bears, and other predators.

Thank you,
Ryan Benson
President and CEO
BigGame Forever

BigGame Forever (www.biggameforever.org) is a non-profit membership organization of conservation-minded sportsmen committed to protecting the future of our outdoor heritage. BigGame Forever allows hunters and fishermen from around the United States to speak with one united voice to promote the protection of abundant wild game and the right of sportsmen.

that is a 80-90% reduction in moose population. Knew it was happening. There was a moose calf/cow ration study a few yrs ago. Seems like it turned up 7.5calves/100 cows. Doesn't take a genius to see the wolves are wiping them out.... Bruce

I have heard,legislation is being introduced in Colorado to bring in these killers,how is it we can pay for management to build and maintain our useful herds of wildlife ,then do this to it????? Gut shot guys!

I have heard,legislation is being introduced in Colorado to bring in these killers,how is it we can pay for management to build and maintain our useful herds of wildlife ,then do this to it????? Gut shot guys!
Yeah on that, tok!

The knuckleheads that started the wolf packs should be fired for gross stupidity.

I am hoping that the new administration will change the current policy and get the wolves de-listed, maybe even put them in the same category as coyotes. I would love to blast one with a 750 grain amax or a 350 grain SMK.

Here is the source article (Wolves kill 19 elk in one night on southwest Wyoming feedground | Open Spaces | trib.com), almost a year old. Look at the comment section. How much do you want to bet that the individuals that are posting comments in support of the wolves running amok are not even from Wyoming? I would even be they are on the sierra club or some other eco-facist payroll.

I am hoping that the new administration will change the current policy and get the wolves de-listed, maybe even put them in the same category as coyotes. I would love to blast one with a 750 grain amax or a 350 grain SMK.

Here is the source article (Wolves kill 19 elk in one night on southwest Wyoming feedground | Open Spaces | trib.com), almost a year old. Look at the comment section. How much do you want to bet that the individuals that are posting comments in support of the wolves running amok are not even from Wyoming? I would even be they are on the sierra club or some other eco-facist payroll.
Well said, jbs!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.