Wolves Doing what they DO!!!

The first thing I killed with one of our bullets was a wolf. How cool is that? Just gotta find a way to make more time to hunt them some more.

Steve

PS. Was a female, so I figure I save a herd of elk.

This feed ground is where I hunt Mule deer. I drive right by it on my way to where I make my base camp. I saw my first wolf in this area in 1998. Many times since then I have heard wolves while in the back country of this area. One time in a blizzard around the 1st of October, I heard a pack of wolves in the timber probably within a 100 yards from me, but I was lucky to see my hand in front of my face. I spoke with a game and fish biologist and he told me they didn't know of any wolves in the area, I told him to look a little closer. Last year I read a report about the know wolf packs in Wyoming and the last pack mentioned was the Dell Creek pack and it was listed at 14 wolves. I used to see 5-10 moose a day while hunting in here. Last year I saw 0 moose.

Game and fish needs to stock some cattle in the feed grounds with the elk. That way a cow or two could be sacrificed with the elk and then the wolves could be killed per the feds rules!

Game and fish needs to stock some cattle in the feed grounds with the elk. That way a cow or two could be sacrificed with the elk and then the wolves could be killed per the feds rules!

Is that something that could be privately funded? Approximately what is the cost of a private individual purchasing a couple head of cattle for such a purpose?

That's a hell of a idea, I would even pitch in for the cause. I'm hoping that the wolf states get them under control before they reach Colorado. Has any of the state's with wolves tried to figure out the revenue loss in tags and associated costs in the last few years?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.