Wildgame Innovations

SDflyfisher

So I've read just about all the Fourms in this section and have a pretty good idea of whats good and not good with people's picture proof and field use. One name that I havent heard much about on here is Wildgame Innovations. Even though there a little new Im thinking about giving them a try. Everyone I talk with says go with them go with that brand. Its either going to be WGI or one of LRH forum favorites: Bushnell trophy cam which seems to be a real fovorite, Reconyx awesome product but spendy, Moultrie D-55IR, Moultrie M-80 which is now the new and improved M-880, M-100, Covert has there new spec ops with the text messege option. Just wondering what people know, heard, opinion, personal usage, and pictures taken with Wildgame Innovations

So I went ahead and got a Moultrie M-880 did some test runs in the kitchen with it it seems to work Awesome! With that being said now.... it says to mount it 36in from the ground well i did some test runs in my kitchen and the table is 36 in off the ground and when I stood back as far as I could go (about 4 yards) I'm 6ft tall and it only showed my knees to my chin it has a great angle side to side but I'm kinda wondering if I shouldn't go a little higher when i mount it and a tiny angle downwards what would you recommend?

I have the M80 and just split a 4 pack of the M-880. If you want more cameras check out this website they have them for $120 or even cheaper the more you buy.

Moultrie M-880 Game Spy Low-Glow Infrared Digital Mini Trail Cameras (8 MP) (4 Pack) : 4 x MCG-M880 : VMInnovations.com

I found that putting my M80 anywhere from knee to chest height has worked best when having the camera level, but I think it is best to try and place it at the height of the bottom of the torso of the animal you are trying to photograph. Tried hanging the camera once at about 6ft high and the angle was perfect with just the weight distribution but ended up moving enough in the wind to trigger the camera too often.

My M-880s appear to behave better than the M80 as far as trigger speed and have a better night time image. When I was testing them out they even triggered with movement on the tv screen way up in the upper left hand corner of the image. Was expecting just pictures of our 2 dogs walking around the house not different frames of the news. It should be interesting how often they trigger to wind. Right now they are looking for Coues whitetail and have not checked them yet.

You made a smart decision buying the Moultrie and not the Wildgame Innovations. A very good friend had a couple Wildgame Innovation cameras break after only one year. He has 2 old Moultrie cameras that he cannot seem to wear out and uses the newer models like the M880 as well. My dad had a Moultrie I40 for 4 or 5 years before someone stole it.

Awesome good information to hear abou the M-880! Ya on the height I went a little higher than the 36in it reccomends and I used the aim feture to see what all it was going to capture and it seemed to shoot exactly where i think it needed to be shooting. Tomorrow Im hiking into my elk spot to retreive the camera and see what it all captured!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.