Wil the Ruger SA feed the 6mm BR

James Jones

I have this Ruger sa laying around here and I was wondering it it will feed the 6mm BR from the magazine , I have to my a new mag bof , spring and follower anyway so I figured why not build it as a6mm BR , either that or a 260 , I want somthing that is accurate light recoiling and able to take deer out to 250yds.

Maybe the 243Ai is the way to go , but I have always wanted a 6mmBR

If you set up your throat to seat the bullets out a ways it should work fine. Sometimes with a short bullet seating length they can cause some feeding issues but I would suspect it would work fine.

Kirby Allen(50)

I was thinking about setting it up to use 80-100gr hunting bullets. I don't know what I want to do with it , its one of 6 actions that I have right now that need to be built on I was just wandering if it would work , it'll be a good while before its even close to getting started , I have a 700 and a mkV wby that will be done first

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.