• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Why are you selling your NightForce Scopes??

Sold a NXS to buy a March. But am keeping two other NF"s. And, yes, NF customer service is first class.

I have owned one, and an abrupt divorce caused me to sale mine before i even got to put it on the gun. NightForce, the cause and solution to all of lives problems. :D

Oh, ****. Crappy reason to have to sell a scope. I've been there.

Thanks again guys for the responses. Keep em coming.:)

I am selling my 8-32 NXS because I am selling my rifle also. I have two others, one sitting and waiting for the build to be complete. The other on my 284 Jazz. I just picked up a mark 4 cheap last night and would like to try it out.

Brent

SBruce

I called them and they repaired it. I did test it and so far it does not leak.

Zupatum Matt Roth my one post count does not take into account I have been a member since june 2009. Why post BS like some do? Please let us not get into that I have xxx posts. Those people tend to just post to everything just to get their count higher. I tend to just read on this forum. If I would have known I would get called a liar for only having one post I would have posted some BS to a few other threads. I post under the same name on 6mmbr and nodakoutdoors. You posted only 217 since 2005 so it appears that you post when it is necessary for the most part.

Why do you want to know who I talked to at NF? Will you get them to send me back my shipping costs? All $75.00 worth of shipping and insurance? That would sure be very nice of you. As to you never hearing that about a product do you get to talk to all of the consumers who need to send in their scopes? I guess I could have said leaked like a sieve. No matter how I stated it a $1,800 scope should not have leaked. I have a $30 Bushnell that is on a 22 that spent a week in 10 to 12 feet of water in a pond on my friends land. Long story short we tipped the canoe and it went in. A few scuba dives later I had it back. It was full of mud and a little rusty. I cleaned it up and guess what $30 Bushnell was not full of water? The same day my NF leaked my brothers (low glass quality) Sighttron was out in the same stuff without the turret caps on and his scope did not leak.

As to SUPREME customer service. I beg to differ while they were professional they did tell me a much shorter time for turnaround than it actually took. OK stuff happens in a factory. One of my original questions stand. How many scopes are coming back? I would think that is directly related to the long turnaround time. Now if it was SUPREME customer service why did I have to pay to send it back? I spent a little over $75.00USD to get that scope back to them. It would have been SUPREME customer service if they would have paid to have it sent into them.

My next question is how many actually take their $1,800.00+ scope and several thousand dollar rifle into the rain and snow? I use my equipment, just because there is rain or snow does not mean there is not shooting to be done. The answer to my question. Not very many. When I am shooting from one of my long range spots I can see a public range and almost never is anyone there when it is cold, raining, snowing, or heavy ND winds. The ones that do come out burn a couple mags from AR's or AK's and then go. They may throw in a mag or two from a handgun. It seems like most "hunters" are fair weather shooters. The ranges around my area are mainly used by "hunters" zeroing their rifles at 100yds for hunting. They are not like us who like to extend our skills. They are content shooting a couple hundred yards.

My first NF is a benchrest model and it has never seen the rain or snow. I am kind of leary to take it out now. It will probably be fine but there is still that question.

With all of that being said just because I had problems does not mean everything they produce is junk. All it means is I had a bad scope and if I had a bad one how many other bad scopes are out there? About five weeks' worth of repairs. We as shooters need to communicate on what problems we have. So others can make informed decisions on their purchases. I think a lot of us buy products for a lot of cash and never want to say anything that is wrong or what we would like different for fear of looking foolish.

My scope has zero stop and on this model why does it not have the lines that the non-zero stop scopes have so a shooter knows how much elevation a person has on their scope. Sure I should know what is on it but sometimes it is hard to remember when you are going up and down a lot. So those little white lines combined with zero stop I can easily see where my scope is. I have put a piece of tap on it and marked zero and every 10MOA to the top so I can see but it would be nice if it was factory.

$1850 for NightForce NXS scope with zero stop
$75.00 for shipping with insurance and delivery confirmation (for warranty work on leaky scope)
Hunting trip ruined by NightForce scope Priceless!

As you can tell I am a little hot about my very expensive scope leaking. I am not one of those guys who can afford to run out and buy the next latest and greatest scope just because it is a little better than what I have. I bought this scope because many other long range shooter swear by NF. A few say US optics and the very expensive euro scopes are the way to go. It took a long time to get the cash for that scope when a person is paying that kind of price it is the little things that really matter. Like water proofing. Who would have ever though a NF would leak?

Yes, an 1800 dollar scope should never have leaked.

Turnaround on my compact NXS was a year ago, and took longer than I thought it should also..........about 2 months if I remember correctly. Something had come unscrewed internally and I wasn't able to focus the reticle. One of the dials moved 5 clicks for every 4 marks also (I've since forgotten which dial it was).

The replacement doesn't seem to have any issues though.

I am just assuming here, but I am guessing that NF is selling way more scopes then they are capable of handling when it comes to repairs/warranty stuff.
Perhaps they've gotten so busy keeping up with recent demand that some of their quality control has slipped by??

That wasn't the case when I bought my first one way back nearly 20 years ago I am sure..........$900 scope without any "tactical" or "target" knobs was alot of money then.

I see on the newest one I bought (NXS) that it is made in Japan??.........I don't think that was the case either back 20 years ago. Anyone got info on that??

Last edited:
People, did they fix your scope or send you a new one? Did you pay shipping to and from being fixed or only to?

I have owned many and as you can see I from the artic north also. I work outside all year so chances are I have been in the same conditions with mine. I haven't had any issues. However mine haven't spent any time at the bottom of a pond.

Brent

Just an fyi, my 338AX with NF on top spent a lot of time in wet, rainy conditions this past hunting season. No problems with the NF and WD-40 on the barreled action's metal parts (even though mostly SS, it needed it or would've rusted as evidenced by a little rust first time I had it out in rain) and CM bolt body did wonders to keep the rust at bay, as Kirby said it would.

I had a problem with a used NF 12-42BR. Called them on the phone, told the nice lady I bougtht it used and she instructed me to send it in with a letter of explanation. It was not tracking. I did as instructed, again told them it was used to me. About two weeks later, the brown truck pulled into my driveway. NF repaired the tracking and returned it to me postpaid. No other manufacturer can offer that kind of service.

The reason so many for sale. NF just put out a bunch of new toys. People just wanting the newest and best. Just sold 2 Leupys to buy 2 NF. Best thing I have done.

I do not claim to have used all scopes and exposed all scopes to all conditions, but I have used a bunch of them. So far, you can't pry any of my five NF scopes from my hands. POI, POA, tracking and durability are what's important to me. When I input a couple of clicks, I want to see the effect immediately, not a couple of shots later. NF gives me the immediate POI movement that I demand. Many other brands don't.

Anything manmade can fail. When the inevitable happens, you find out what customer service is made of. My one experience with NF's customer service was good, got it back in a couple of weeks.

My true feelings are that NF is a better product than many of the $3,000 scopes.

I have one March, and weight is the only advantage it has over the NFs.

I haven't sold mine (yet). I seriously considered it more than once. My problem with the NF was a point of impact shift.
I missed a dandy buck in Wyoming this past season due to this problem.
Customer service was good. I didn,t have to pay for shipping either way.
I didn't ask for a turn around time from them so I can't grip about that.
My scopes problem was due to a void in the bonding agent that is used for the locking ring for the objective lens. The POI shift would change with temp. due to expnsion and contraction with temp variations. I had to call them to find out what they had found wrong as there was no info with the scope when I got it back from them.
I was very disappointed with this scope. The expections I had were very high. That comes with the NF name and reputation.
The scope sat on my bench for 2 months after its' return. Every time I looked at it I shook my head and cussed at it. I finally mounted it ,last night, back onto my Edge.
Now, having whined enough, my opion of NF is one of great disappointment. A new restoration of belief in their product is under way for me.
Time will tell if they repaired the problem.
Doubt will exist for some time tough.