Who remembers, Party Lines

Yes, I remember party lines… their sunset anyway.

It is amazing to see how things have changed! Had lunch with my nephew today and he shared some images potential suiters shared with him via text and my ghast was flabbered…

I remember getting milk delivered to the house and put in an insulated box on the front stoop. After that, you could buy fresh milk from a vending machine on the street somewhere.

I also remember my father driving to some distant gas station after Sunday church to get gas for .18 cents/gal because it was .20 cents everywhere else. LOL

And - we could get a slice of pizza and a coke with the quarter that mom gave us. Best part was that we'd get change. :D

I remember getting milk delivered to the house and put in an insulated box on the front stoop. After that, you could buy fresh milk from a vending machine on the street somewhere.

I also remember my father driving to some distant gas station after Sunday church to get gas for .18 cents/gal because it was .20 cents everywhere else. LOL

And - we could get a slice of pizza and a coke with the quarter that mom gave us. Best part was that we'd get change. :D
Milk was then sold in quart bags (4 in a large bag). And you had a pitcher you put the bag in & cut off the corner. lol

My Grandmother had a party line when I was a kid . She was also the postmaster of her town . If a letter had a name on it , it would be delivered no address needed . M1A1ABRAMS , I too remember the bagged milk . It left my area around 2000 . My daughter remembers it , she was born in 1997 .

Milk was then sold in quart bags (4 in a large bag). And you had a pitcher you put the bag in & cut off the corner. lol
Milk was in the cows, then it got put it in milk cans, then took it to the creamery, then those guys put the milk in glass bottles, half gallons, quarts, pints, then the Milkman delivered it to folks in Town and Country, then ya put it on your cereal with a little cream for your coffee.

Last edited:
Milk was in the cows, then it got put it in milk cans, then took it to the creamery, then those guys put the milk in glass bottles, half gallons, quarts, pints, then ya put it on your cereal with a little cream for your coffee.
Yes the bags came after that. About the same time or a little before the cardboard cartons