Which shooting chronograph do you use?

Which brand of shooting chronograph do you use?

• Shooting Chrony

Votes: 512 36.2%
  • Oehler

Votes: 235 16.6%
  • CED M2

Votes: 189 13.3%
  • Pact

Votes: 127 9.0%
  • PVM-22

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Pro Chrony

Votes: 343 24.2%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I came up with this list by posting a thread a while ago. So these were identified in that thread and that is how they came to be in this poll.

I use a PACT, but I don't like it. It only registers in bright sunlight, and occasionally shows some obviously incorrect readings.

I don't want bells and whistles, I just want dead-nuts reliable. I can do the math myself.

I would vote that I use a pact, but I have never been happy with it since first use, therefore I don't use it. Brand new in the box Pact pro. I do look at it from time to time, I even get tempted to try it again from time to time.

I am however, interested in finding one that will work properly.

Time to buy a new one looks like poll results merit a serious look at Shooting Chrony.

Last edited:
I'm still using my old Chrony Model F-1 that I purchased in 1999 or so. It was cheap, but it still works and seems to register no matter what the conditions. I was thinking of replacing it for some reason and had been looking at the PACT. After reading the posts however, I think I'll wait since this one keeps on chugging despite some abuse. lol

Tom

We are now offering the CED M2 chronograph at the LRH Store.

I have been using one for over a year and I'm very happy with it. It replaces an Oehler I used to have.

Last edited:
Oehler is making a short run of 35Ps. They may be one of the best. I have never had mine fail. They will only take so many orders and when it is filled they won't make more for now. They are expecting delivery in Aug.

R.J.

I ordered the Oehler several weeks ago, orders are expected to start shipping towards the end of this August.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.