Which outdoor channels do you currently have in your home?

Which outdoor channels do you currently have in your home?

• Outdoor Channel

Votes: 666 79.9%
  • Sportsman Channel

Votes: 550 65.9%
  • Pursuit Channel

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • NBC Sports

Votes: 343 41.1%
  • Wild TV

Votes: 93 11.2%

• Total voters
Verizon FIOS used to have Outdoor Channel but it was either dropped or made a premium channel, so no longer have it.

Isn't it really a joke to include NBC sports in the poll. They have half or less of the outdoor shows that were on before they bought it, and they're a part of one of the most anti-gun networks (NBC) in the country.

OK now you guys that don't have the outdoor channels, don't you know you can learn to be a better hunter by sitting at home watching TV than you can by actually being out there doing it? I only started hunting and fishing when I was 4 and have hunted and fished nearly around the world. I am starting my 44th year of hunting and fishing now and one of these days I might know as much as one of these guys on TV. We were making foodplots before any of these boys new what a foodplot was, fabbed our own stands when we figured out it might be good to get up a little higher off the ground, heck for several years I was hanging or placing 35 stands a year for myself and a few guys I took hunting. I missed by a whisker what would still be the all around whitetail buck in our state, with witnesses.....Sometimes I get tired of seeing some guy getting filmed as he goes out on a ranch where someone else has put in all the blood sweat and tears and shoots a buck out of a stand that someone else hung...... I am stepping down off of my soap box now, I am sorry I will go back in my world and simply do what these guys think they can. And my hat is off to all of you guys on this site that do it yourselves too. I would relish every story and moment with you even if you are not a TV star.:)

I suppose the guys in the TV business need to eat too but what's good for them isn't necessarily good for me. I spend plenty on my hobbies but it's not a bottomless checkbook. TV is supported by advertisers and that's all about buying their products.

I choose not to live vicariously through the exploits of others although I guess there's no harm in eating a sandwich in my living room and watching an underwear model led up to a trophy animal and blast it. Maybe I should be watching more TV because my hunts seem a little harder.

Anyway, I guess for curmudgeons like me, if your not into it, don't watch it.

I have most of them with the dish upgraded package, but rates are rising and my interest in watching is fading. I find myself reading more in online chats/forums such as here not watching monster after monster fall. When the time to renew the subscription comes I think they will be cut to provide funding to other things like a new rifle project...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts