Which gunsmith screw driver set

Depends on the firearm to be worked on? Some sets have specific tools for revolvers and 1911's. Most of my sets are Wheeler. I have 2 torque drivers (screwdriver type) that are 1/4" drive. 1 is click type and 1 is digital. Ranges from 10-100 in#. There are mire complete type that cost up to $300, but I'm cheap. I have many driver attachments from metric to imperial that go up to 1/2" and 13mm, torque, allen, internal and external drivers. Most are a mix brand.

This is what I started with:

I am looking for something better than what I have.

It would help to know what you have and what you don't like about them.

I have 4 full set of the Brownells Magna-Tip and all of the smaller specialized sets. The full sets are scattered around the shop where they get used the most often. It's a waste of time and frustrating having to run around looking for the right screwdriver.

The large set from Wheeler is O.K. as well. The individual drivers from Forster have come in handy as has the set of small drivers from Wiha.

I also have a set of British J&R Guram Horn Handle Turn Screws for shotguns and rifles.

For all the sets, here is a great bit set:

https://www.zoro.com/performance-to...bQdMc4H6XVccqEQT3choCyFoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Performance Tool
Master Bit Set 148Pc

• Mfr # W1725
  • Zoro # G3889099
$29.95

Do a search for gunsmith screwdrivers to see all the less expensive sets.

:)

Wiha, made in Germany stuff like their 0.8x4.0x150 screwdriver, pretty much endless supply of Nukpruff drivers and mag bit holders.

Brownell's for me.
What's important IMO are the basics- hollow ground is a must, quality hardened steel- no cheap Chicom crap.
No reason I can see to spend the extra coin for a screwdriver "set" that'll be much more $$ than a single handle (you can only use one at a time) with sets of tips.

Look into a torque driver if you don't have one yet.

I like Wiha (and Wera), but they don't seem to offer a torque range appropriate to gunsmithery. A torque range of 10-50in/lbs or so is ideal.

Capri makes really good ones, I think they might even OEM the Vortex torque branded driver.

Lately I've been liking the CDI (snapon) T-Handle. Seems to offer more mechanical advantage and control đź‘Ť