Which brand of wind meter, weather station do you use?

Which brand of wind meter, weather station do you use?

• Kestrel

Votes: 437 59.0%
  • Speedtech/Skymate

Votes: 34 4.6%
  • Caldwell

Votes: 146 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 131 17.7%

• Total voters
I'm not going to vote on this since I don't use any. However, I did buy a Caldwell and it was a total waste of $40. Didn't work for more than 3 outings and I threw it away.

I use the density altitude function of my Kestrel, much more so than trying to correlate a wind at the firing point with what's going on out there.

I've had a Brunton Sherpa for alot of years, but it "freezes up" when it's cold. The wind vane won't turn if it gets down below 20 degrees. Still use it for barometer readings, but switched to the Kestrel for wind.

Caldwell for wind and a 50 dollar LL Bean weather station for baro pressure, bearing, and temperature.

All the readings i need for 95 bucks, but do need two gadgets and two sets of extra batteries. But a small inconvienience IMO and saves lot of money vs a Kestrel.

Kestrel 2000 but fixing to upgrade to the 3500 soon that way i only need 1 instrument

I have the same program on my phone and I wondered how well they worked together. Is it worth it to upgrade to the 4000 or not. I have a 3000 right now.

I was wondering the same thing. Will the 4000 link up to the shooter program on an android operating system. If it will, ill be getting one ASAP.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.