What's your favorite hunting bow?

Howatt Savannah

Attachments

• 20160502_131958.jpg
    20160502_131958.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 179
I would like to be able to hunt with an old Jennings Arrow Star or an old Bear Alaskan.

Anybody remember those?

Smooth, quiet and easy to shoot. I would need a little camouflage wagon to carry them around though.

I know everyone will laugh at me for saying this, but, one of my favorite strictly hunting bows of all times is an Onieda Eagle.

I shot a lot of game with that bow and it killed everything it was aimed at. I shot it barebow/fingers with big old aluminium telephone pole arrows with Zwickey broadheads.

The Oneida was a powerful bow. I shot it at 83# and every arrow passed through every animal.

Somewhere in this forum someone stated that their arrow passed all the way through an Elk.

With the Oneida, My arrow passed through the Elk and then through some ground clutter and then buried itself well passed the Zwicky Delta into a lodge pole pine.

The Delta and about 3" of arrow are still in the pine.

That bow still sleeps under the bed in a case that I made for it.

I am just too old and broken to efficiently shoot that beast anymore.

I hate thieves, I just can't imagine how somebody can accept that they stole something from somebody who earned it. Sorry about the scammer.

If you shoot victory vap arrows I am pretty sure you could pass through a hippo! That being said so far to date it would be the Halon, 3 bucks taken with mine last year. My girlfriends first buck with archery and biggest to date was with her halon last season as well. Now my dream bow? Just a nice custom 52lb longbow would suit me well.

Well I buy a new bow every year but my favorite bow that I will not part with is my 2007 xforce hf 6 at 83lbs .i have won three tournaments in a row with it and have killed over 50 Deer with including my biggest buck in 2015 with it .i have since bought a few hoyts including the carbon element ,and one bowtect and an elite gto and a few Mathews but nothing shoots as well for me as my 2007 hf except one bow I had built .2009 omen riser with ME cams at 93lbs .

Attachments

• IMG_3967.PNG
    IMG_3967.PNG
    430.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3682.PNG
    IMG_3682.PNG
    495.5 KB · Views: 203