What is your best deer rifle

I have used a number as I have been a gun nut all of my life. I like trying new things. My favorites though are a 25-06 ruger tang safety flat-bolt--(first high power rifle I bought with "my money") 257 Weatherby accumark, 22/6mm, and my 2 6.5-284s...they get the job done!

Hi guys, hey what's your best deer rifle, mine is a Browning A bolt 30-06.
I had a rifle built in 6.5 Creednoor with a trued/blueprinted Rem 700 action, Brux # 4 barrel, Tinner trigger, and a McMillan Game Scout stock. It is an absolute taxi driver and is what I trust during whitetail season.

270 win, I've had three to date. The first was an Interarms Mark X w/ 24" Ackley barrel and pretty Fajen stock. She was a little heavy, shot great, but went down the road. The second was a Ruger SSTL zytel stock. My current and favorite is a Mod 70 SSTL CRF with a 24" barrel. She loves the 140gr Nosler BT for my open Idaho hunting.
My longest shot was 500 yards on a spike. The Speer 150 BT did the trick. Probably the best shot I've ever made. My two friends made it to the top of the cut bank before me and emptied their their rifles. I dropped to a stump and took one perfect shot. It almost took a sky crane to to get their jaws off the ground. Ya gotta love it when it all comes together like that one.
I have several other cartridges in 7mm and 30 cal. Short, long, fat. I save them for the Elk. But that 270 win is the one for mulies. She's always right in the front of the safe.
Clint,

IMG_0131.JPG

My 257 Wby or my 6.5-284 ,usually the 257 Wby goes out more. Been hunting deer with that rifle for a long time. I have only had the 6.5-284 for two seasons, so far so good.

Hi guys, hey what's your best deer rifle, mine is a Browning A bolt 30-06.

A Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .243 Win with a 2.5x8 Leupold scope is all I've ever needed for deer. I don't like bloodshot meat. Never had to track one using Remington 100 gr CORE-LOKT.
I did have to track a bull Elk about 30 yards years ago, but that wasn't too hard in the snow. That shot was only about 30 feet though.
Its also dropped a 350lb black bear boar on a dead run right in it's tracks at 75 yards. Love that gun!
I use 7mm Rem Mag for elk nowadays.

Maybe not my best but my most proven is my browning x bolt in plain ole 270. I bought the first one that bass pro received the year they came out. Bushnell elite 3200 tops it. It shoots way better than I can. Lost count on number of kills. It suffered from the dreaded duratouch becoming extremely tacky. One email to browning and they sent me a phone number directly to their repair shop. After the phone call 2 days later fed x put a new stock on my porch. Only trouble is the original was bedded in 2 places. I have to get it fixed.

well I have two depending on which one screams the most to come out of the safe. The one that seems to go the most lately is a savage 110 257 Roberts 2.5X8 leupold, it was a limited run made for Jerrys sports center. its puts any 117/120gr bullet in 3/4" and less, usually less, and it doesn't even care what powder i use! Not to often you a factory rifle like that, she's a keeper for sure. The other is win. m70 classic stainless featherweight 30-06 with 3-9 vxIII leupold, boring, maybe, but everything that gets in front of it goes down, one shot, every time. Theres plenty more, but those are the "go too" rifles