Votes: 822 22.2%
  • 45-54

Votes: 849 22.9%
  • 55-64

Votes: 810 21.9%
  • 65+

Votes: 313 8.4%

• Total voters
I just turned 65 in February 2016. To celebrate I bought a Mossberg 464 (pistol gripped model) 3030 rifle, Kwik Site Mount and Rings, a Simmons 4-12x44 mm scope and a few other essentials.

I found that I needed to hold my head way up to see through the scope, or add a cheek piece. I had a Blackhawk Tactical Cheekpad just sitting on the shelf so I tried it and now my eye goes right to center of the crosshairs.

I added a set of Uncle Mike's Swivels and a Mossy Oak Sling and I was set to go. Then I added a butt pad for length but will probably take it off. 30-30s don't kick a lot and I think the rifle fits ok without it.

You cannot see a lot of the rifle with all the junk so here is a stock photo and with "Curly Bill" all gussied up.

Attachments

• Mossy 41020.JPG
    Mossy 41020.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Curly Bill_Full Dress.JPG
    Curly Bill_Full Dress.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 19
I just turned 65 in February 2016. To celebrate I bought a Mossberg 464 (pistol gripped model) 3030 rifle, Kwik Site Mount and Rings, a Simmons 4-12x44 mm scope and a few other essentials.

I found that I needed to hold my head way up to see through the scope, or add a cheek piece. I had a Blackhawk Tactical Cheekpad just sitting on the shelf so I tried it and now my eye goes right to center of the crosshairs.

I added a set of Uncle Mike's Swivels and a Mossy Oak Sling and I was set to go. Then I added a butt pad for length but will probably take it off. 30-30s don't kick a lot and I think the rifle fits ok without it.

You cannot see a lot of the rifle with all the junk so here is a stock photo and with "Curly Bill" all gussied up.

Congradulations on the 65 years. The Mossberg 464 looks like a fitting celebration.
At 65 you probably won't notice the mountians getting a whole lot steeper.

Last fall I bought a Polaris Quad, so I don't have to back pack my tree stand and
blinds to my favorite spots. Oh! I turned 84 last month. The mountians haven't
got any steeper. but, I slowed down a bit. The fun is still there.

Congradulations on the 65 years. The Mossberg 464 looks like a fitting celebration.
At 65 you probably won't notice the mountians getting a whole lot steeper.

Last fall I bought a Polaris Quad, so I don't have to back pack my tree stand and
blinds to my favorite spots. Oh! I turned 84 last month. The mountians haven't
got any steeper. but, I slowed down a bit. The fun is still there.

Thanks. I do know one thing, those mountains are at least 1" lower than when I was younger. That is encouragement in itself. Maybe if i wait a bit longer they will shrink some more. What ya think?

had to sell my Marlin and I do not really miss it. I think this Mossberg and I will be getitn along fine real soon. I have to go 400 miles to see the start of the Rockies...at least that is my theory. Council Bluffs begin a long line of hills that lead west. We got some deep ravines and they are bad enough for me. I just make sure when i go in, down hill leads in and out, even if it is the long way around.:D

After I retired, I drove New motorhomes to dealers all over the U.S., Canada and Alaska. First for
Safari and then for Monaco. I became pretty familiar with the terrain. It seems that you can find
hills and mountians all over. I have a variety of rifles, from 7mm mag down to My new Marlin
bolt action 22 mag. (Rabbit shooter). I make a trip to the rifle range every couple of weeks to
make sure they still work. I'll go again if it would quit snowing.

I use to think 50 was real old, now its just a few months away...and Im starting to feel it .oh boy!
for the last few years for my birthday I have come home with a new boomstick
I wonder I will get myself this year?

Congradulations! 67 is an admirable age. As i recall i was full of vim, vigor and vitality, looking for my next challenge. 16 years later I still feel much the same. However, I move a little slower.

1Hunter

Thank you.

I give thanks to the LORD for each and every day. I stay active each day. I have a two day
Senior Archery tournament next week end. until then it's practice, practice.

1Hunter

60 yrs old, Now What? Are you retired or about to retire? Rocking Chair?
I found my sixties to be the busiest time of my life and the most fun time.

1Hunter

Please describe old. At 15 years a 25 year old person was old, At 25, a 35 year old was old. on
and on.

I am 84, just got back from an 8 day hunting trip for Deer and Elk No success this trip, animals
but not what i wanted. After labor day off to another spot with better choices. Most of these trips are without company. I have a camper on my pickup, tow a trailer with a four wheeler onboard and
other gear.

Forget the age bit and do what you want.

1Hunter

Last edited:
Please describe old. At 15 years a 25 year old person was old, At 25, a 35 year old was old. on
and on.

I am 84, just got back from an 8 day hunting trip for Deer and Elk No success this trip, animals
but not what i wanted. After labor day off to another spot with better choices. M<ost of these trips are without company. I have a camper on my pickup, tow a trailer with a four wheeler onboard and
other gear.

Forget the age bit and do what you want.

1Hunter