What are your opinions about arrow lube and arrow removal?

usastripes

Im an average guy, not going to lie, sometimes i still have trouble pulling arrows from my rhinehart rhino target. My arrows go in pretty deep even at 30-50 yrds. So what lubes would you recommend? Also which arrow removers are the best? Ive been told there are mechanical removers

Chapstick works well. As does the Carbon Express lube. I've found that twisting the arrow, breaks the weld and allows it to come out easier. If you're shooting Easton arrows, i wouldn't do this, as the glass filler they use will twist or break.

I just got a Bednar perfect puller that works like a pair of pliers to grip the arrow without damage.
Used to rub Ivory bar soap on carbon arrows to help get them out of 3 D targets.

I'm not sure what points you are using for your target but sometimes an arrow point one size up works well for ease of pulling arrows. Get one and give it a try.

The down side of using an arrow lube is now you are trying to pull a slippery arrow.

They make points called bulge points supposed to help. Probably the easiest way to remove arrows is go aluminum LOL. All you are supposed to use for arrow is a smear on the point and first2 inches of arrow. The truth is sometimes they seem to work the next time you pull your guts out.

I used the oversized field points for target practice into any cushion target....I tried rub on stuff for arrow removal...never liked it...I eventually found a rubber grip built to fit your hand...it is a split type rubber cylinder and grips any sized shaft really well...

I've tried most of them and I think ivory works as good as anything. I always just carry a wad of that kitchen drawer liner stuff for a puller, wouldn't say it's the best though.

I have to admit...I won't be pulling anymore arrows out of targets...or pulling a bow back again.....destroyed my wrist...tried holding a hunting rifle yesterday....made me about crap my shorts....
The rubber grip I have is about 2" diameter...easy grip with hands...

Aluminum arrows don't stick like carbon arrows. Carbon arrows stick because they essentially get welded to the target because of the friction while hitting the target melts the target to the arrow.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.