West tx aoudad

jacack

Looking for some ideas for a aoudad hunt. Willing to pay but want more of a diy, I have read all the old posts on here and pm'd a few guys but still no leads other than the couple outfitters that are already booked .

Two hunter both in good shape one a full time fishing guide/boat captain the other a bird hunting guide.

We had a hunt/ property lined up with someone last year but the guy backed out on us last minute.

Jared

mulie mike is the way to go. He has several locations and reasonable prices. He is also on texas hunting forum.

I will have some first hand experience next month. I've got a diy aoudad hunt scheduled through Mike.

Cazador,

We are hunting the Indio. Any experience there? This is my first aoudad trip so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I hunted Terlingua ranch last year about this time. The hunt was a blast, just not many Aoudad. Lots of Javelina though. It is a HARD hunt physically. Those mountains are rugged to say the least. Good thing is it's low elevation, so oxygen is a lot better.

Just returned from my aoudad hunt. Awesome hunt and very successful. Pictures and write up when I get caught up.

Had a great hunt with West Texas Hunt Org. This was considered a semi guided hunt but they made sure we were in sheep every day. We saw sheep from within 30 minutes of entering the ranch gate till dark of the last day. I connected at 512 yards on the second day of our hunt on this 29 inch ram. My 2 hunting buddies both took nice rams as well, one being a monster 32 inch brute at 721 yards. I would highly recommend anyone interested in an aoudad hunt to get ahold of Mike at West Texas Hunt Organization and just go ahead and book it.

Attachments

• aoudad picture.jpg
    aoudad picture.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 315