Welcome To Cabela's

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome To Cabela's! Support the LRH site, buy from Cabela's by clicking on the ad above. Our site is over 6 years old. I have been gladly feeding it money for expenses all this time because I believe in the long range style of hunting and I want to continue to spread accurate knowledge about long range hunting. I want to continue to provide a sanctuary for non-contentious discussion of long range hunting techniques. I want to be able to read fantastic stories of successful long range hunting hunts. And I want to continue to improve the site and to add more fun features.

But I would like to start getting some help in the funding area. So I have decided to start offering advertising sometime later this fall. I want this site to be associated with high quality companies. For the time being, Cabela's will be our first and only advertiser. Actually, in their case there is no advertising fee paid to the site, but rather they will pay a sales commission to the site. For example, if someone clicks on their ad here at LongRangeHunting.com, they will be taken to the Cabela's site. Then if that person makes a purchase, Cabela's pays the site a commission on the sale.

So, as I said, no other ads for now but sometime later this fall I'll be ready to offer ads. Meanwhile, if you may want to advertise, email me and I'll send you info when I have it ready.

And meanwhile, if you are about to order from Cabela's, please click on the link here on this site to start your order process.

Last edited:
They already have all of my money and I got no more money to send them.:D

Actually, if you buy a fishing rod from them online you get a real nice rod case that they ship it in and just yesterday I got out my Cabelas 3 piece, nine foot steelhead rod (sometimes known as a light surf rod) to take to Idaho this year for the Salmon River steelhead run.

Surveyor, thanks.

Bill, just click on the Cabela's ad near the top of the page, just under the navigation bar.

Len,

There is no Cabela's ad near the top of my page. Is it possible to set up your preferences so it doesn't show? I've tried changing it and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Which nav bar, the IE or the site?

Bill

Last edited:
Bill, beneath the site nav bar. Right below the words: User CP, FAQ, Members List, etc.

Can you see the ad now?

Len

All I get in that area is the outline of a rectangle inside that is a red X in a white box with 468x60e next to it. No link, clicking on it gets me nowhere.

Chris

You may have ad blocking software? I have my ad blocking software set to allow banner ads (like this Cabela's one) but not those awful popup ads.

It shows up on mine, a picture of a nice looking elk. I learn alot on here Len so if i buy anything from cabelas I will do it through this site

Len

Talked to the computer wiz in the house, the Mrs. says we don't have ad blocking software. I'll have to take her word for it, bout all I can handle is the on/off button. Could it be a dial up vs dsl thing? We're still in the computer stone age here with dial up.

Would like to figure it out as Cabelas get a fair amount of my money and I wouldn"t mind helping out the site while going broke.:D

Chris

Last edited:
Well shoot Len, if it means it will help the site, I guess I'll just have to order more than usual now!

(If Len really gets a commission off of the sales, my guess is he'll be driving a new Cadillac in no time.)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts