Wanting some opinions

Yeah I've made my mind up on a nightforce. Now it's either the 4-14x56 or the 4-14x50 f1. Trying to decide if the extra 250 is worth ffp and exposed elevation turrets. For rings I was looking at tps, seekins, or nightforce.

NF rings

I think you asked about a barrel and I mentioned a Proof. Bartlien is the other brand of barrel i would recommend.

So stopped by Bass pro today and checked both of the shv scopes out. I'm actually leaning towards the 4-14x56. I had a hard time getting proper eye relief with the f1. And I'm not sure I really like how small the reticle is at lower magnification. Feel as if I could make it work if it weren't for the eye relief. Perhaps it was the dummy gun they mount it on for you to look through but I just had a hard time getting a clear sight picture. Anyone have this issue?

I understand choosing SFP. A great SFP scope in power range you are looking at is the NXS 3.5~15x50. I been hunting with one for years. Great rugged all around scope.

I understand choosing SFP. A great SFP scope in power range you are looking at is the NXS 3.5~15x50. I been hunting with one for years. Great rugged all around scope.
Yeah I've been looking for one in the classifieds here that's within my budget. Going the full custom route kinda lowered the price I could go on optics so I can't afford a brand new NXS. That's why i was looking so hard at the shv. It's within my budget and it matches the rifles capabilities. Don't wanna spend a couple Grand on a rifle then put a cheap scope on it.

Yeah I've been looking for one in the classifieds here that's within my budget. Going the full custom route kinda lowered the price I could go on optics so I can't afford a brand new NXS. That's why i was looking so hard at the shv. It's within my budget and it matches the rifles capabilities. Don't wanna spend a couple Grand on a rifle then put a cheap scope on it.
Nothing at all "cheap" about the VX5 HD or VX6

I'll take a look at those as well. Looked at the vx3i lrp but the the lines you mentioned.
I haven't had my hands on the VX3i models either but I have quite a few VXIII and VX3's and for the money they have been great scopes. I have three VX3 tactical 4.5-14x50's that have all been very solid scopes for many years now without any problems at all.

Finally got to pick up the rifle. Waited a long time to get a full custom.

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_200131294.jpg
    IMG_20171005_200131294.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 36
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.