• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wanted: Lapua 300 Win Mag brass

To be clear, I would like to buy 100 up to 500 pieces of this brass. This is for a rifle I am having made for my own hunting. I know someone has some of this brass that they really don't have to have. Please! Thank you.
Paul Broun
706-255-3905
[email protected]

The 300 Win Lapua brass was made by Norma for Lapua. There has not been any around for years. I bought enough for my barrels (it is the parent case)but if I ever run out Norma will be the replacement.

Is current Norma brass the same as the Lapua brass in 300 WM? I realize that the Lapua brass has not been availabe for a while. I am hopeing someone has some that will be willing to sell it. There is a guy here in N.E. Georgia who is sitting on 100 pieces and has no rifle for them, but he is being stingy. I will continue to look unless the Norma is exactly the same. Thanks.
Paul

Keep lookin Paul. It pops up for sale every once in a while. I have bought two new boxes of 100 in the last year. One off here and one off Snipers Hyde. Cant beat Lapua brass.

Jeff gun)gun)

Thanks, Broz. I am going to keep looking. I am sure someone has some of the Lapua brass sitting around that they are not using and will let me put it to good use. Please let me know if you hear of any. Thanks.
Paul

I shoot RWS brass. It is very consistant and there is a guy here who sells it now and then. He is also at Snipershide. He is a good guy and has good brass.

I shoot RWS brass. It is very consistant and there is a guy here who sells it now and then. He is also at Snipershide. He is a good guy and has good brass.

I use RWS too in some of the 300 win case rifles I load for. It is good brass and weighs 48 grains heavier than Lapua. The smaller case capacity will cause pressure to show up at lower charges in some instances. So I advise starting at lower charge rates with the RWS. It is great brass and what I use if I cant use Lapua.

Jeff

RWS is the Gold Standard IMHO.... Just harder to find in Qty and more $$.

I am still hopeful that I can find some Lapua brass for my 300 Win Mag. If I don't, obviously I will have to have an alternative. Pleaswe compare the Norma to RWS brass for accuracy, velocity, consistancy, longivity, etc for LRH purposes. I will be looking for a 1000 + yard set-up for elk in Montana. I am looking to be blessed by someone that has some Lapua brass that I can use- but just in case....... Thanks.
Paul

I have practiced out to 1300 yards on steel. I just want to be ready if the opportunity presents on elk and deer. I'm concerned with a bullets accurracy at distance as well as its terminal performance at high and low velocities. I want to load the most accurrate load that I can and thus want the best brass I can get. That's why I am looking for Lapua brass. Thanks.
Paul

Just curious, if Norma made the brass for Lapua, is the brass the same as standard Norma brass, or did Lapua have it changed to their specs?

Just curious, if Norma made the brass for Lapua, is the brass the same as standard Norma brass, or did Lapua have it changed to their specs?

Good question but it took place many years ago and Lapua folks here (USA) did not know the answer to that.