• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Walnut A-5 Stock **SOLD** Update on Build

Joel Russo

My customer decided to have me make the same stock, but in Turkish Walnut, so this one is for sale.

American Black Walnut with light marbeling in the butt area, and good color throught.

I have not pre-sanded this one, so it's in the raw as the pictures depict. I will sand it prior to shipping.

Inletted for Remington short action footprint, will accept Stiller TAC30 and Predator actions.

Badger style M5 detachable bottom metal or similiar footprint.

Heavy Varmint barrel contour.

Complete bedding and finishing services offered if you choose.

$570.00 shipped and insured.

Attachments

• wal1.jpg
    wal1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 6
  • wal2.jpg
    wal2.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 5
  • wal3.jpg
    wal3.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 5
  • wal4.jpg
    wal4.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 9
Re: Walnut A-5 Stock

Will you open it to a long action and l/a BDL bottom metal?

I can re-inlet for a long action with standard Remington BDL bottom metal, but here's what's involved in doing that.

I will have to plug the front action screw hole, as I need to move it forward. Open up the ejection port, and move the recoil lug inlet forward. The standard BDL bottom metal is smaller than the Badger M5 inlet, so you will have gaps on the sides of the floor plate.

If you are willing to pay my labor to do those modifications, and accept the bottom metal inlet gaps that I cannot change, I will certainly throw it in the mill and do it.

Joel that's a beautiful piece of work. When it's finished it will be as pretty a wood stock as anyone ever put on a rifle.

Joel that's a beautiful piece of work. When it's finished it will be as pretty a wood stock as anyone ever put on a rifle.

I would echo that comment. And I'll add that whoever winds up with this will have a piece of art. Get yourself a Christmas present...............

Randy

I have had a fascination with and appreciation for fine wood since my days as a HS shop student. If anyone wants to get a good idea of what this stock will finish to look like I'd suggest looking at some of the McWhorter customs on GB. This is the same grade/type of walnut you will see on them.

I just want to emphasize that the blank I used for this stock was an average grade blank. It was chosen for it's good color and light marbeling, which made it a good fit for the theme of the build.

Below is an example of one that I'm building that is a significantly higher grade of Walnut.

Attachments

• 1214131559 (3).jpg
    1214131559 (3).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4

I could look at pictures of your work all day. It truely is a work of art.

Recent Posts