Wake Up or Your Hunting Rights will be Gone !

Forrest Ebert

I'm not here to bash anyone or to tell you what to do but if you live in California like I do and want to Hunt then please pay attention !
I was up Deer and Bear hunting in Northwest California over the weekend and to say the least it really started out great saw quite a few deer but nothing we wanted to harvest saw a lot of Elk and that was great too .
What I did see and to my disgust was the lack of Law abididng hunters !
You see like in many other western states the Forset Service is starting to Pipe close roads which is a good thing for both the game and the hunters, it seems that if there is a pipe closing a road some of the hunters don't pay attention and find ways to get around them and it clearly is posted "NO Motor Vehicles" ! I'm sure pretty soon it will just say "NO TRESSPASSING" period and I wouldn't blame the land owners one bit ! Then there are the tricks of pulling the pipes to make like the road is closed so they are the only one going down and around on them which will lead to be fully closed also and then some Calif. hunters wonder why we have such a bad wrap? If you were to do this say in Montana you not only be cited but arrested and your vehicle impounded and whatever else the judge would fine you on! Please try and follow these simple request. You are not only affecting yourself it's evryone that enjoy's the sport! I don't think that is too much to ask?

gun)

Dude I have never actually hunted before. I just go a new gun and soon will have the hunting license taken care of. being that the dear season is over I will have to hone my skills on coyetes and pigs. Anyway, what you say makes perfect sence. When one jackwad breakes the rules it just makes it harder for new guys like me to find a place to hunt. Well written and to the point

later
hunt safe

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.