Vortex Razor HD 3.5-15x44

Blacktail

Guys been trying to decide on a new scope for my STW. its at kampfelds right now getting a makeoever and brake. I have looked at leo vx6 3.5-18x44, vortext HS and HS-T and contemplating a swaro but hearing a lot about the vortex razor in the above magnification. Its a hunting rifle not a bench gun but capable of very thight groups. Was leaning toward the vx6 but now not sure. any thoughts? I am concenred with the vortex regarding recoil but then again I have never owned a vortex of anything. thnx

I own a VX6 3-18x44 and love it. I have no doubt that the Vortex is also a nice scope. The Vortex is lighter by about 5 oz but only has a 1" tube so you would need to use a canted base to get the most out of it. I own quite a few of both Leupold and Vortex scopes and you will not have to worry about durability with either one. The Vortex 4-16 HS-T is also worth looking at.

I own a VX6 3-18x44 and love it. I have no doubt that the Vortex is also a nice scope. The Vortex is lighter by about 5 oz but only has a 1" tube so you would need to use a canted base to get the most out of it. I own quite a few of both Leupold and Vortex scopes and you will not have to worry about durability with either one. The Vortex 4-16 HS-T is also worth looking at.

Thanks a bunch

I own VX6's in both 3-18x50 and 4-24x50 and even a VX7L in 4.5-18x26. I couldn't be more pleased with any of them.

I'm soured on Vortex after 3 of 5 Vortex viper PST's would not hold zero or trac true.

I own VX6's in both 3-18x50 and 4-24x50 and even a VX7L in 4.5-18x26. I couldn't be more pleased with any of them.

I'm soured on Vortex after 3 of 5 Vortex viper PST's would not hold zero or trac true.

That's what worries me is not holding a zero with the recoil of a magnum rifle like an STW

I had one of my rifles with a Vortex HS-LR - brother of the HS-T fall over when leaned up against a truck and the windage turret was damaged and had to be sent back for repair. It did not fall on a rock but just dirt and I was surprised how easy it bent. I am hoping that was a fluke incident and does not reflect the true durability. I have not had a tracking issue with any of them yet but they are also on rifles that get minimum use so time will tell.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.