Tri-cities

Flybuster

I lifted these pictures off an e-mail, and thought they would be of interest to you Washington boys.

The story goes a family was out hiking and rock hunting near Tri-Cities on Badger Hill. The son in law yells "come look at this big den of snakes" here are the pictures they took.

:eek: Kinda creepy...

SNAKETRI.jpg

SNAKEBADGERMTN.jpg

SNakeCLOSEUP.jpg

Watch where you step!

Hey that's where I live! Badger is rightout my front door. My wife just asked me yesterday, "are the Rattlesnakes here as bad as they are in North Carolina?". I told her they were and just showed her this picture. Now I'll never get her outta the yard! JohnnyK.

Back in Nebraska, we used to have to warn people that'd come hunting from back east (or wherever, if'n they were used to trees and such) that if they were walking through a field and were about to step across a stick... to STOP!!! and look at said stick, preferably from a distance. Odds are, it's a snake. It's Nebraska - no trees, no sticks ;)

When we first moved up here to a house out in the country a bit, our dog was having a ball chasing mice that'd made the trip from Nebraska to Washington in the bottom of our chest of drawers. The wife went to move something for the dog to chase the mice, and lo and behold, a rattlesnake came out from behind the box (stored in our new barn). Off I go to try and find a gun... figgers, me w/ enough guns and ammo to conduct a small revolution, and I can't find a friggin' gun. Or ammo. Or magazines. Finally I end up walking down the driveway (parallel to the highway) single-loading a round into the AR carbine because thats all I could get to easily, as people drive by and stare. Good lord, now I'm the neighborhood gun nut and I haven't even finished unpacking ;)

After ixnaying Brer Snake, it turns out that actually I fit right in the neighborhood... we had a three-way coyote kill-zone between the nearest houses ;)

One thing I will say... they seem to grow 'em kind of small up here. One little bugger I killed in the back yard was kind of scrawny and mebbe 20-24" long, if that... and had 13 rattles. Not sure how he even managed to buzz that big ole thing, as little as he was!

;)

Monte

I've had the pleasure of hunting down maybe 20-30 or so rattler's, and 13 buttons and 24'' is probably my BIGGEST one i've got around here. I like to go out on snakey roads on a Summer night and hunt them with shovels, call me crazy.

I can't believe people eat rattlesnake, I mean after you've skinned one out and squeezed the mice out of their bellys how could you have an appetite!

Johnny do you recognize that spot in the picture? I'd like to find it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts