Tikka T3 .223 or CZ 527 .223!!!

seagiant

Hi,
Looking at both these rifles in LEFT HAND!

Left hand, means the barrel contours are close (no HB in left hand with CZ or Tikka!)

Which would you chose and why???

I know they are both nice rifles! (I have a CZ 452!)

personal preference only here I have handled them both I own several Tikka's. My vote is Tikka that and a buck and a half you can get a coffee.

Good luck either one will be great i am sure.

Both are nice rifles, price may be a factor. I have a Tikka T-3 .270 Win which is a great shooter. The walnut stock is superbly finished and checkering is sharp. I'm not a fan of any plastic stocks, even if the manufacturers say they're great. The trigger is at slightly under 2# and the finish is great. I'm not enthusiastic about the recoil lug design, but it seems to work since I bedded it. CZ is known for quality and would be a good choice I'm sure. I'm leaning toward the Tikka since I like the barrels and haven't seen one that wasn't accurate. That and $5 will get you a very good coffee. Good luck with your choice.

Hi,
Thanks Gentlemen!

Admittedly it's a hard choice!
S.G.
On these two, the T3 and the CZ 527....they are both quality arms and very accurate. For me, I own and shoot both, and how you plan to put them to use, will determine satisfaction with each.

If you plan to shoot single-shot (my favorite-since I save brass), the CZ with a James Calhoon Single-shot Adapter gets my vote. Also, the CZ is a "True Micro-action" much shorter than the "One-Size-Fits-All" of the Tikka action.

If shooting as a repeater, the Tikka edges out the CZ...mainly because the polymer magazine is easier to load, and slicker (faster) inserting into mag well. There is a SS plastic adapter for the T3, but the ejection port is so narrow, fumbling to get the brass out is frustrating.

CZ now offers only 1/9 twist rate in the 223 chamberings. Tikka still offers different twists in their models...the best, to me, is the 1/8 twist...One offering in the T3s, I do like tho, is the stainless action/fluted barrel models...NICE!

Hope this helps...You really will be happy with the performance of either manufacturer.
Lichen Slayer
\\\\\\\\

Hi,
Thanks, found a "deal" (still money) on a Steiner Military 4x16 illuminated....

For my Tikka 243!

This means the 223 is on hold, but really happy with the Tikka find!

Attachments

• 750867.jpg
    750867.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 208
Don't know much about CZ other than they're highly regarded but people often replace the trigger on them. Tikka's have a great trigger right out of the box. As I recall, Tikka once used 8 twist barrels but changed to 12 twist. Don't know about CZ but I suspect barrel twist will be the determining factor.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts