Thompson Center 6.5 Creedmoor

7mmRemMag

It seems that our local Academy Sports and outdoors has been catering to 6.5 Creedmoor shooters lately with the reloading supplies available. I didn't want to break the bank buying one so I ordered one off the Sportsman's guide since it was on sale for $284. It's the bolt action Thompson Center Compass. I picked it up from my FFL dealer today, threw a Vortex Crossfire II 4x12x44 on it, picked up the cheapest Ammo i can find (Hornady Black 140gr BTHP) just so I can sight it in and shoot it! It shot about 1 1/4 MOA with the factory loads after zeroing so I went up 17MOA and took a crack at my 700 yard gong (just cause it was up) the two shots I took were within 1 inch of each other at 700 yards. Not bad for a cheap rifle with a match grade barrel......to top it all off it has a $75 dollar rebate so I end up paying $209. I'm hoping to get my hands on some 142gr accubond LR because of the extremely high BC's so I can work up a load for this little rifle. So far so good!

I've been telling y'all for months, you can't beat the T/C's for hunting...less than $300 and they'll kill just as dead as $3000...heck, use it, abuse it, don't clean it, don't worry about scratching it, toss it where ever and your not out a dime !

Those were my thoughts exactly. In fact, I thought to myself......for the price offered it would be worth the risk if it turned out to be a piece of junk lol. I'm so glad that it isn't. I have no doubt that i will tighten the groups with reloads. Did I mention it's fun to shoot? The recoil is next to nothing!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.