This freak buck is on the hit list!!!

JARHEAD1371

We have never laid eyes on this buck.... yet. He looks to be about 4 yrs old and the only buck that still has velvet on. He isn't huge but he has lots of charecter.
CDY_0344.jpg

CDY_0347.jpg

CDY_0348.jpg

Should make a good cull buck. Really odd horns on him. Hope you have a good hunt this year. Heading north myself not far from the ND border. Trying to get a big Mulie this time.

That sounds like a good trip for you. This spring we obtained permission to hunt a large ranch north of Wasta. I killed a good antelope last weekeend and we have seen several big whitetails and mulies walking around. Hopefully the weather is better than it was last weekend.

Found a great place to do some long range shooting that can go out to 1200 yds and seldom see anyone around. :) Trying to keep it quiet so it don't end up looking like Beretta Road. Stop and say hi.

With velvet still on, I would guess that he has lost "the boys". The "appearance" of testosterone is what make the bucks shed velvet and he hasnt. So either he is a she with antlers or his balls are hanging on a fence or in someones pocket holding change.

Was thinking the same thing. Kinda hard to see in this pic but this guy still had a little valvet on his horns and was waiting for the other one to drop....He only had one in his sack, the other one was hung up inside for some reason? He sorta looked like a hybred?

09outandabout%20342a.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.