The .277 Wolverine

Zen Archery

Nerd X-Men fan get's a .277 Wolverine (6.8x39)
Had the opportunity to purchase barrel, flash hider, 400 formed brass, 350 bullets, complete die set for $300.00 couldn't pass up on deal.
Heading to range on Tuesday will report later.

IMG_2504_zpszllzym5r.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of that round as it has no specific roll that can't be filled by some more well known rounds. But for that price I would have been shooting it this week also. Please give a range report

I built one of those last year. It's a fun little round. Mine has proven to be very accurate. I built it for my 8 yr old daughter to hunt caribou with. We haven't gotten a chance to test it on game yet but I'm betting it will get the job done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 130
Topped with Apex Thermal. First Hunt 4 Hogs shot. 2 recovered. 2 lost in high grass. Using 90gr Gold Dot. Shots between 100-125 yds. Had to take multiple shots on 4 hogs. Not convinced with Gold Dots but very accurate.

Second Hunt. Loaded Barnes 95gr TAC-TX. Popped this Yote at just over 200 yds. Bullet dropped thin skinned Yote in its tracks.

Third Hunt. Barnes bullet again. Dropped heavy 100-125lbs sow and her 25-30lb piglet. Both dropped in its tracks. Shots just at 50-60 YDS.

I've Ben using the nosler 100gr accubond and 90gr bonded solid base. They are shooting very accurately and should perform well on game. That 90gr BSB is one tough little bullet.

08.31.2016 Boar

This boar rolled in over 200 yards being very cautious. He was doing security sniff all over the place. It was funny seeing him stick his snout up over the grass. I decided I wasn't going to try and get close to this guy. I waited for a good clean broadside shot. Sent the round into him at just over 180yds. Good hit. Started running toward my 7:00. Sent another 5 rounds down while he was running. 2 more good hits.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts