Tactacam

10 Ringer

I am proud to be on this forum and have looked as a guest for many years?. But to the point. Anyone ever used a tactacam for bowhunting. Do they have pretty good video and not vibrate to much? Thanks for the add, 10 Ringer

I have not personally used one, but my buddy has one and we often compare video quality vs my GoPro (at the range, so all things being equal). the GoPro produces much higher quality picture and sound. While the GoPro is more expensive and the mounts are not as elegant, I make it work.

I am tempted to try a tactacam at the price point and eventually I will. If you do not have any other video means, I would not hesitate to buy/try one even with my limited exposure to them

Do t waste your money. I have had about five different cams for hunting. The best one so far is the contour roam 2 or 3 I have five of the 3's and three of the 2's.
So go to Amazon buy a contour roam 3 for $89. The pic quality is exactly the same as all the go pros except the very lates one that came out last fall I believe and is $400 or some ****. It's only marginally better but it is. My brother has that one.
Now for hunting the fish eye lens sucks. Makes everything look rather far and had to get good shots. So what I did is bought the roam 3 you can make it completely silent in operation. Easy on and off. So easy my 66year old father who can't send an email uses it all the time. Then I send it to rage came and have a 12 mm or 16mm zoom lens depends on what your hunting. 12 is best all around and looks very close to what your eyes see for distance. I believe it's $250 bucks to do that. Then pick up a jvc handle bar mount from Amazon that has a snap off base and 1/4 20 threads. It mount to any round object like stabilizer or scope. $16. everyone who watches my videos tends to order the same setup. Not always with the zoom because of cost but I feel it's a must. Also remember to use lumiknocks when bow hunting so you can see the arrow flight. It's like a tracer. If you have any questions pm me and I'll give you my cell number.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.