Swings and Get-ups for the Foundation

jtmoose

I decided to try Simple & Sinister program for the last 2 months and I feel fantastic. I've done a lot of different programming over the last 15 years and this is the first time I feel like the foundation of my pyramid is solid. I thought I would get really bored doing close to the same thing every day but it has come to be like brushing my teeth. I also thought I would feel like I was neglecting things but that's not the case at all.

Later in the year, closer to elk season, I will adjust to something from Project Deliverance or similar but from now on my off season is going to be spent doing 98% swings and Turkish get-ups.

Yes, Dec-Feb, all I did was TGUs and Swings. My shoulders and core feel really stable. My strength went down some but my posture is better with and without a load. It really helped strengthen some weak areas. I'm just starting a 3 month barbell program so I'll see how much it helps with that. Overall, with heavy enough kettlebells, those 2 exercises do a pretty good job fur general physical preparedness.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.