Stove top kettle smoker ...

I didn't know there was such a thing, but ribs and beer can chicken on the stove top,,,,, yep,on my way to wally world to pick one up. Also have to stop at the beer distributor for a 30 pack, you know, one for the chicken and some for me while the chicken is cooking.

I didn't know there was such a thing, but ribs and beer can chicken on the stove top,,,,, yep,on my way to wally world to pick one up. Also have to stop at the beer distributor for a 30 pack, you know, one for the chicken and some for me while the chicken is cooking.

Aye Sir! My first attempt was beer chicken, actually Cornish hen. :D

CHIPS_zpsvaiphp2v.jpg

0806151830_zpstdszakn3.jpg

0806151951_zpsjnnygmwp.jpg

It turned out very well for first time use.

I probably smoke something about twice a week now. Yesterday, I smoked some elk steak (rare of course :)) and salmon for the wife. :cool:

TIPS:
- Make sure you have enough vent holes on the tray uncovered for the smoke flavor to circulate into the food.
- Reduce liquid to reduce steam action time for better meat caramelization.
- Wrap drip pan with aluminum foil.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips and the pics, going to give it try tonight for supper. Elk steak back straps done right must be pretty darn good too.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.