State of Suppressors. WHAT's going on

RangerWalker71

What's Quieting the Silencer Industry? | RECOIL

Take time to read this, full of good info.

The Bottom Line

If you want a suppressor, buy the ticket, take the ride. The HPA Bill may or may not pass in the two year Congressional class it is now in. While things actually do look positive, the firearms legal community has more widely-impacting laws it may burn its clout on to pass (notably nationwide reciprocity for concealed carry). Support the HPA and the ASA – they need your help since this *isn't* a done deal. The best thing for supporters to do is to call and email legislators in support of the HPA, and ask to bring the bill out of committee and onto the floor for a vote.
There are some impressive cans coming out on the market this year, and buying them today supports the very manufacturers that brought us to this point in technology, advocacy, and availability. Yeah, you're going to have to wait a bit to get them. Just like all the old-school suppressor owners that you see at the range did. You know, those guys who are enjoying their cans now, with a bit of a smirk at the new kids waiting for HPA Christmas to come before they can enjoy theirs. But shooting suppressed is worth the wait. Hopefully, one day everyone will have easier access to the health and shooting benefits of suppressors – until then, man up for the wait and enjoy being one of those insiders that had them before it was cool.
Kel Whelan is a consultant to industry and government on silencer business and technology with more than 20 years of experience in manufacturing, design, sales, distribution, branding, and politics throughout the NFA industry. Before it was cool.
David Merrill contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/whats-quieting-the-silencer-industry-126010.html#ixzz4Y747pIuE

thanks
Steve
RLTW

OK, say I buy my THE ONE Gemtech can and do the trust route (B/C here in 'Vegas it's not difficult).

THEN, when the HPA passes do I get my $200. NFA tax back? NOOOOO!
And my trust cost is also "lost". (W/O the NFA tax we should not need a "can trust".)

No d@mn wonder we are all waiting for HPA to pass.

Eric B.

I'm not waiting for something that might or might not pass. Got a few in jail waiting for paperwork to clear. Shooting has never been a cheap sport for me anyway. Now when it does pass I'll get a few more.....

I agree, I want it to pass. Just don't think it's in the top 10 bills that congress is looking at.

Thanks
RLTW
Steve
816-718-9489

I'm not waiting for something that might or might not pass. Got a few in jail waiting for paperwork to clear. Shooting has never been a cheap sport for me anyway. Now when it does pass I'll get a few more.....

+1!!

these were my sentiments exactly, gun trust was more or less a null point from a cost standpoint and knowing i wanted to play with these toys, i am just paying my $admission to do so. i've had some 'things' in jail now since october, my time should be coming soon! (knock on wood :rolleyes:)

Any word on what month or better yet what date they are working on? I am in the same boat as scottyboy. I have been waiting since October, 1.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.