SPONSOR PROFILE - PK Outfitters - Padget Bradford

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
Banner.jpg

www.PKOutfitters.net

Please give me an overview of what your company does and where you are located.
We are a family run outfitting business with our primary focus on big Canadian moose. We hunt the north central part of Alberta in w.m.u 351 . This area is approximately 1700 sq miles of wild country. There are no towns or settlements within the borders of this area. Our moose get very little resident hunting pressure because of the lack of people and the lack of easy access into our hunting area. We offer a true fair chase opportunity. No fences no food plots. We cant promise you a moose but we will do everything we can to provide an opportunity at one.

How long have you been in business, how did you get started, and who are some of the key members of your operation?
My wife and I bought this area in the spring of 2010. Prior to that i guided for the previous owner for 3 years. I started guiding in 1996 with my first job as a horse wrangler in the Cassiar Mountains of northern BC. The next year I guided for sheep and goats. Since then I stayed closer to home and guided in Alberta every year since 1998.

What are some of your company's future goals?
To provide the opportunity for our clients to come and experience the fun and excitement of our moose hunts.

What is your opinion of the future of the long-range hunting and shooting industry?
I think the future is very bright for the industry. As a guide, one of the most frustrating things is working with clients who are bad shots. People don't realize the time and energy we have invested into getting the client their game. It's really nice to see people who take pride in their marksmanship. It's awesome to see the skill level of the average person get better and better. The days of the hunter coming into camp with a brand new rifle that they have never shot are over .

Tell me about your (or some of your team's) personal hunting style, location, species, etc.
Living in alberta we are incredibly spoiled. I have had the opportunity to take whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, black bear, wolf, coyote and a variety of small game.

Tell me about your (or some of your team's) long range shooting experience.
I am in the process of trying to decide what rifle to buy for a 1000 yard gun. I haven't shot anything past 500 yards but I will.

What non-hunting and shooting hobbies or activities do you participate in?

There's hobbies that don't include hunting or shooting?

What hunts or other trips are on your bucket list?
Africa. I have read all of Capstick's books and John Taylor's. Braining an elephant at ten yards has to be the ultimate rush in the hunting world. I have to try that before I die.

Tell me about your family.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. She is the looks and the brains behind this outfit. We have 2 boys aged 5 and 8 who are both hunting fanatics. They go hunting with their dad every chance they get. My oldest is trying to talk his mom into taking a month off of school to come moose hunting with his dad. He might have a hard time with that one.
DSCF0128.jpg

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 274
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.